lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
pavwa
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default New coil still no spark...??

PUT A NEW IGNITION COIL ON MY G1 CHECKED ALL WIRES, still no spark....what the h***.
pavwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
pavwa
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New coil still no spark...??

Any one have any ideas? Whats my next step? CDI?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:24 AM   #3
technoid
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavwa View Post
Any one have any ideas? Whats my next step? CDI?
Are you getting 12v power to the ignition unit? Do you have an analog volt meter? See if the primary winding on the coil is getting a voltage pulse. Read the Stickys on this site for futher info on trouble shooting.
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
pavwa
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Im new to this electrical stuff. I did go and get a multimeter but dont know how to use it very well. The motor turns over but just wont fire. I checked all the wires and connections everything looks good. I kind of messed with the multimeter but got a .10 dc reading at the coil when cranking but like I said I dont really know how to use one....Hopefully I can get this figured out soon, I was planning on taking it up to the cabin for the fourth for the first time and playing with it..
Old 06-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
technoid
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavwa View Post
Im new to this electrical stuff. I did go and get a multimeter but dont know how to use it very well. The motor turns over but just wont fire. I checked all the wires and connections everything looks good. I kind of messed with the multimeter but got a .10 dc reading at the coil when cranking but like I said I dont really know how to use one....Hopefully I can get this figured out soon, I was planning on taking it up to the cabin for the fourth for the first time and playing with it..
A digital voltmeter is to slow to view a pulse. You need an analog type. (one with a swing needle). You need basic theory, some practical experience and a good understanding of electrical circuits. If your not very well educated in electrical stuff, then I would leave it to one who is. You might do more harm than good.
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha