lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
TLD
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 TXT Upgrade Questions

I'm new to the forum and have been bitten with the cart bug! I have an 03 TXT lifted,22"tires all else stock. Has brand new battteries.Wanting to do a few upgrades. Planning on adding 4ga wires everywhere, Alltrax AXE 4844.Can't spend much right now,but want it usable and dependable. May upgrade motor in a few years. Mainly used for checking cows and to and from the woods hunting, pull a few small hills and plowed fields within a mile of so from the house. Has a wire going into the back side of the box in front of the controller that will get hot after a short ride. What is that part under the box?Will it need to be replaced?.What all needs to be added (on a budget) right now that will get me up and running? All help is welcomed. Travis
TLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
TLD
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 03 TXT Upgrade Questions

Anybody have any advice on my rig?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Sorry TLD, I see you posted 4-21, I'm a gas guy, I'll try to get someone over to help ya.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLD View Post
I'm new to the forum and have been bitten with the cart bug! I have an 03 TXT lifted,22"tires all else stock. Has brand new battteries.Wanting to do a few upgrades. Planning on adding 4ga wires everywhere, Alltrax AXE 4844.Can't spend much right now,but want it usable and dependable. May upgrade motor in a few years. Mainly used for checking cows and to and from the woods hunting, pull a few small hills and plowed fields within a mile of so from the house. Has a wire going into the back side of the box in front of the controller that will get hot after a short ride. What is that part under the box?Will it need to be replaced?.What all needs to be added (on a budget) right now that will get me up and running? All help is welcomed. Travis
I'm kinda confused as to what your talking about...but generally when things are getting hot its because of a bad connection. A picture would help trmendously.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
rib33024

Are you talking about the little black box
in the bottom right corner in the pic, with the washer on top of it--

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

dont keep driving it with the wire getting hot. if you do you will create more work and cost you more money.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
TLD
Not Yet Wild

Yes, the one on bottom right in your pic. Thinkin its the FNR? On the left side under that box is the wire that has been getting hot. The cart still runs good but im not running it till i get wires on it. Got a new set of 4ga on the way. Gonna start there. Do I need to change out the controller right now or can i wait? Does the solenoid need to be changed out when i add the new controller? What im using the cart for is in my original post.Sorry for all the novice questions...just want to get it working without jacking something else up. Thanks for the help...i need it. Kinda got the cart bug just dont know much about it yet. Thanks again, Travis
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Take your time replacing the wires, do one at a time, and don't forget to disconnect your batteries.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
TLD
Not Yet Wild

Ok, will do thanks. They should be here any day now.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
kdeerman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Travis,
Welcome to BGW, I just joined the forum in Feb 2010, and have received a lot of good advice from the guys here. I am interested to hear what they have to say, as I also have recently bought a '03 txt lifted cart (the one you see to the right). It came with 20 " tires, but I have a gas cart with 22" tires. I put those 22" tires on the electric cart, climbed some steep hills, and smelled something getting hot. (not sure what it was). My cart has 4 ga. cables on the batteries, but still has 6 ga. cables to the controller, motor, etc. You are on the right track with the 4 ga. all the way thru. The controller will improve your torque. I am planning to upgrade to 48 volt, using the same Alltrax controller-(have read a lot about the 48 volt upgrade on this site)

My batteries are getting old, so I had planned to go with 6 eight volt batteries, but the more I read, I may go with 8-six volts. Since your batteries are new, you could add two more and see a lot more speed & torque. Do a search on this site for 48 volt upgrade, and you will get a lot of good info. From what I have been told, the stock motor will perform well with these upgrades, with 36 or 48 volts. You can also send your stock motor in and have it rewound to the specs of the high torque motors.
kdeerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO