lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Precedents with extra battery for accessories

I have a converter that someone sent me but I'm still not sure that's the route I will take. To be honest, I've seen several mentions here of those things possibly causing problems and/or catching on fire so I'm a little afraid of it.

I was hesitating on the idea of an additional battery as an alternative, though, because of 2 things - 1, having somewhere to put it and 2, not knowing how much run time I'd get out of one before having to charge it back up. I may leave my lights as they are now, using 12v off the 4th battery using the factory wiring. But I'd still need to get juice to the radio I'm going to install.

If anyone is running an extra battery to run accessories, can you share your experiences about how much time you get from it before having to recharge it?

And, if anyone is running an extra battery to run accessories on a precedent model, can you share where you put it, etc. Seems it would need to be fairly accessible so it could be recharged when it's time. The supports for the backseat on my cart run right down the middle of my bagwell so that space is pretty much useless to me for anything else. But I think I could get a battery box of some sort and a battery in there and be able to get to it to charge it.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Precedents with extra battery for accessories

I use a marine deep cycle battery(size 24m),fits perfect in my cart. It runs my stereo and leds long enough for me. I use it for a few hours @ a time and never lost a beat. I just charge it over night or when I charge my cart...
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxp-rider View Post
I use a marine deep cycle battery(size 24m),fits perfect in my cart.
Fits where, specifically, perfectly?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
ssdane
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Not saying this will work for you,as I don't know what all you are running off of this battery, but this is what I do in my jon-boat. I have a 12-volt lawn mower battery used as a cranking battery on a 9.8 nissan motor. It is in the cooler that comes on the carts fresh off the course; drilled some holes in the bottom for water to run out and works nicely; this should fit in area you are talking about and should be easy access to charge. Good Luck!
ssdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I DON'T KNOW HOW THE PRECEDENTS ARE SET UP,BUT MY EZGO HAS A SPOT (I GUESS)WHERE THE CHARGER WOULD GO. I USED AN AUTO BATTERY HOLD DOWN WITH TWO THREADED RODS AND WING NUTS.LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE FACTORY.. YOUR BAG WELL WOULD WORK,I WOULD GET A BATTERY BOX AND BOLT OR STRAP IT IN THOUGH. YOU COULD RUN THE QUICK CONNECT OUT THE BOX TO HAVE ACCESS WHEN YOU NEED TO CHARGE IT.JUST USE A MAINTENCE FREE BATTERY.
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Send a PM to Bamadozier... he did this to his Precedent.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car