lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #21
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Putting Clutch side Crank seal in a Yamaha G1

Yes, there should be a spring in there. I can't get my head around how yours was working without it in there (unless, of course it wasn't working). Regarding the welded bearing, I can only assume that that bearing is just a bit too big so they tacked it to keep in place. I would just leave well enough alone and deal with it if / when that bearing ever goes bad.

You'll find a manual here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/garag...ir-manual.html

The clutch blow up you need is on 5-1.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #22
ljtsirk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the manual link, the welded bearing is tacked to the shaft and tacked to itself so it does not turn at all. I think I can get it off pretty easy and put it back together correctly. I don't know if it was working or not, the lady who gave it to me said her husband used to use it so who knows. Will order all the missing parts and go from there. Larry
ljtsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:09 PM   #23
ljtsirk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

One question I have is the collar, does the bearing in the collar, the one that is now welded, go toward the engine side of the collar or toward the spring? If I read the diagram correctly, it is toward the spring? Thanks
Old 08-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #24
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljtsirk View Post
One question I have is the collar, does the bearing in the collar, the one that is now welded, go toward the engine side of the collar or toward the spring? If I read the diagram correctly, it is toward the spring? Thanks
Yes, that goes toward the spring. On the some of those clutches the spring will go over the bearing but I think on the G1s it goes against the bearing.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #25
ljtsirk
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Got it all back together, found all the parts including the clutch spring which was a long tedious process and it works great now. The bearing is right against the pulley and then the collar goes over it, the spring sits in a little clip which pushes against the bearing holding it all together. Thanks for all the help.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #26
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Again thx ol mate.
griffo002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #27
jordanjo0421
Not Yet Wild

A big thanks. I could not figure out what was going on. Replaced both crank seals and now she runs like brand new! Many thanks.
jordanjo0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha