lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
alparmer
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 Gas CC engine repair or replace

Bought it not running and figured it would be a quick fix, but the lower end is jacked up. Took the head off and the piston doesn't move while turning the crank. The crank only goes almost 360 and then locks up. I need to open it up to see if broke on the piston or crankshaft side.

Anyway, not sure if it will be more economical to repair it or find another FE290D to get it running again.

I found a guy on eBay that has reman engines but over 500 not including shipping.

Thanks in advance.
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2016, 05:35 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1996 Gas CC engine repair or replace

Ive found most of the rebuilders use aftermarket parts and the machine work sucks.
The motors built correctly with OEM parts and great machine work are few and far between and come close to the price of a new motor. Id buy a new motor.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:06 AM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Look into a clone engine swap. Vegas carts sells kits. motor and mounts or you can buy just motor or just the kit and get your own motor. not too bad to do but will double your power and will cost you less or about the same as a stock replacement. Lifan 13/15 Hp, Harbor Freight Predator 420cc, Powerland PD420, Duramax 15 are just a few. You can get a powerland 420 for 170 bucks shipped brand new off ebay... do a little research before you pull the trigger on replacing a stock unit, you will be much happier with your cart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PowerLand-PD...cAAOSwoudW4Mfq
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
alparmer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Look into a clone engine swap. Vegas carts sells kits. motor and mounts or you can buy just motor or just the kit and get your own motor. not too bad to do but will double your power and will cost you less or about the same as a stock replacement. Lifan 13/15 Hp, Harbor Freight Predator 420cc, Powerland PD420, Duramax 15 are just a few. You can get a powerland 420 for 170 bucks shipped brand new off ebay... do a little research before you pull the trigger on replacing a stock unit, you will be much happier with your cart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PowerLand-PD...cAAOSwoudW4Mfq
Thanks for the reply

I love the price of the power land. Has anyone done this before? Not sure what all will be needed. Use OEM large tank, starter, etc.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:24 PM   #5
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Thanks for the reply

I love the price of the power land. Has anyone done this before? Not sure what all will be needed. Use OEM large tank, starter, etc.
Yes, very common swap, navigate over to the big block talk section, then clone swap. The power land 420cc is considered a "clone" of the Honda gx390. The mounts are the same and most parts interchange. Vegas carts makes most the brackets, and everything else you would need to do the conversion. Yes, You can use the stock fuel tank and stock clutches.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #6
alparmer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Yes, very common swap, navigate over to the big block talk section, then clone swap. The power land 420cc is considered a "clone" of the Honda gx390. The mounts are the same and most parts interchange. Vegas carts makes most the brackets, and everything else you would need to do the conversion. Yes, You can use the stock fuel tank and stock clutches.
It'll be nice not to have manufacture anything and dealing with the headache. I'll email Vegas to see what I need.

Thanks for the info. I just noticed you are also in central FL, we are in Clermont.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car