lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020, 07:49 PM   #1
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Pending Riot Kit Purchase

I have a 6" lift and 23" tires on my 08 drive. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a riot kit to gain some of the torque back that was lost with the lift and tires. Wondering if there are any weak links that would give me issue once I have the kit installed. I understand it comes with motor, controller, cables, and solenoid. Anything else that would need upgrading due to increased power, or will I be good to go?
gable74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Pending Riot Kit Purchase

Be sure to accurately describe your cart to don when ordering your kit. He may have different suggestions based on your tire size.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:26 AM   #3
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Called them today.
They do not accept Paypal
They charge 2% extra for CC purchases.
They suggest mailing a personal check or money order to pay.
Very nice and very professional on the phone.

Kind of disappointing as I want to purchase this kit, but man, they make it a little tougher to do than you would think. There is also no email associated with the company as far as I could find on their site. Does anyone here have an email address for them?
Old 09-27-2020, 04:06 AM   #4
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

How about some alternative kits? Suggestions? Looking for torque increase, mainly. Would prefer a kit with pre-tuned controller.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:55 AM   #5
plowman
Getting Wild

yes we charge 2% on all c-c trans, we could just add it in the price and nobody would know but i think its better to be transparent about it, and its fair, you get money back, fly miles ect from your card, we average 4% with all the different cards and fees they dream up ,so we split it with the customer, 2% is fair and unfortunately its the cost of doing business. as far as pay pal they charge even more. we have 2-3 customers a year that choose to mail in a check for there order to save the 2%,

as far as email i dont have time for it! i take 50-80 calls a day and have a hard time keeping up with it, with a phone in each ear and texting customers all day ( and night) all while doing the rest of my daily jobs.

if you want a reply from me in the same year, email me.if you want the best proven products for your Yamaha and the best teck support you will ever find then call me.
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:59 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gable74 View Post
Called them today.
They do not accept Paypal
They charge 2% extra for CC purchases.
They suggest mailing a personal check or money order to pay.
Very nice and very professional on the phone.

Kind of disappointing as I want to purchase this kit, but man, they make it a little tougher to do than you would think. There is also no email associated with the company as far as I could find on their site. Does anyone here have an email address for them?
Listen, as a business owner, I totally understand. Today we are conditioned by Amazon to get our products ordered in 15 seconds and have them show up in a day or two. You have to remember, before Amazon and that instant satisfaction culture, business transactions took 1-2 weeks the old fashioned way. It's just what was. Most, in fact, small businesses still operate that way. Most of us who do good work and fair prices do business this way because it guarantees a better end product. Having time to process an order and make sure it's correct is vital to long term success. So I say, to deal with the best in some industries, you have to have a little more patience.

Also, as far as credit cart % goes, we do the same thing. We quote prices based on cash or check payment. If the customer doesn't have the money and they need to pay another way, we allow them to use a credit card but we charge 2% , just like Plowman's. That 2% if we eat that, it adds up to a bunch at the end of the year. Say 2% is $50. That's $5000 per 100 customers. Pure profit down the tubes. On the flip side, if we charged 2% more for our products, half of the people would pay 2% too much because they are paying with a check. Now we are gouging. So, adding that % is the right thing to do, and 2% is only half, so the business is paying it's fair share.

Also, writing a check, addressing and envelope and putting in the mailbox only takes me 2-3 minutes. Not sure that qualifies as "difficult"? Or is it that you are just used to hitting a button on your iphone from your couch? Not trying to sound harsh here, but come on man. It's not a PIA to write a check lol. And 2% isn't that much for your "time savings and convenience". Just pony up and pay it and you'll save all that time writing things down and you'll save the 10 calories it takes to walk 100ft to the mailbox.

If you want instant crap parts, from china, that may or may not work or last, order from Amazon.

If you want good parts, good service, and good support....order local from Plowman's. I can attest that they are top notch.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:07 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
How about some alternative kits? Suggestions? Looking for torque increase, mainly. Would prefer a kit with pre-tuned controller.
Sure you can find alternatives. Did you call Carts Unlimited and Extreme Performance? They are both sponsors.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:07 PM   #8
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Also, writing a check, addressing and envelope and putting in the mailbox only takes me 2-3 minutes. Not sure that qualifies as "difficult"? Or is it that you are just used to hitting a button on your iphone from your couch? Not trying to sound harsh here, but come on man. It's not a PIA to write a check lol. And 2% isn't that much for your "time savings and convenience". Just pony up and pay it and you'll save all that time writing things down and you'll save the 10 calories it takes to walk 100ft to the mailbox.

If you want instant crap parts, from china, that may or may not work or last, order from Amazon.

If you want good parts, good service, and good support....order local from Plowman's. I can attest that they are top notch.
I am not one for internet pong, and I tried to let this go, but you really hit home on a few comments that would haunt me if I didn't address them.

The beginning of your response seemed genuine, but then you went off on some tangent in your last paragraph, and took unwarranted liberties in assuming my motives and how I live. You then try and assume my lifestyle by laughing about whether I can walk 100' to the mailbox. Did you ever even think that perhaps some people have carts because of physical ailments that prevent them from walking 100' to the mailbox? These obtuse views of others lives, and the unwillingness for people to consider alternate situations besides their own, only perpetuate the ignorance. Re-read my response, I was never rude, and actually gave credit to their great support on the phone.
My only question was regarding what I perceived as outdated methods. Don then stopped in and was nice enough to explain his position in a clear professional manner. He had me pretty well sold on the transaction simply by taking the time to visit this thread and answer a few questions. Then you make things personal with the sarcasm and cynicism. If this is how you vouch for Plowman, Don would do better without your support. Either way, I have said my peace, and plan on no further responses to this sub-topic. Let's see if you have the professional courtesy of letting this end here as well, so we can get back to the main topic of getting our cart some more torque for the hills.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #9
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowman View Post
yes we charge 2% on all c-c trans, we could just add it in the price and nobody would know but i think its better to be transparent about it, and its fair, you get money back, fly miles ect from your card, we average 4% with all the different cards and fees they dream up ,so we split it with the customer, 2% is fair and unfortunately its the cost of doing business. as far as pay pal they charge even more. we have 2-3 customers a year that choose to mail in a check for there order to save the 2%,

as far as email i dont have time for it! i take 50-80 calls a day and have a hard time keeping up with it, with a phone in each ear and texting customers all day ( and night) all while doing the rest of my daily jobs.

if you want a reply from me in the same year, email me.if you want the best proven products for your Yamaha and the best teck support you will ever find then call me.
Understood. In my business, I carry money in different reservoirs. The most popular ways to transfer money these days is electronically. Paypal, CC, Venmo, etc. If I have written 3 checks in the past couple years, I would be surprised. I also understand the challenges of a small business owner and trying to make decisions for the greater good of the business as well as the client. You have a great reputation, and I really appreciate you taking the time to stop in and explain your position regarding this situation. It is very likely in the next week or so I will be picking up the RIOT Kit from you guys.

Thank you Plowman.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:09 AM   #10
wjrich100
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
I have a 6" lift and 23" tires on my 08 drive. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a riot kit to gain some of the torque back that was lost with the lift and tires. Wondering if there are any weak links that would give me issue once I have the kit installed. I understand it comes with motor, controller, cables, and solenoid. Anything else that would need upgrading due to increased power, or will I be good to go?
My late response- Have a '06 G22 that had been stretched and I needed to add more power over stock.
Went with Don's Riot Kit and installed in February and am perfectly happy with the upgrade. The cart will hit 27mph with 5 people in it which is more than I really need (3" lift and 22" tires).
Don spent the better part of an hour over a couple of phone calls helping me through an issue on installation (my fault) and stayed with me to make sure the profiles for the controller fit my needs. Unbelievable support- felt like he was right there with me in the garage talking me through things.
I ended up buying a lift kit from him and the tires/wheels he recommended. Maybe I could have found better prices for some of the components, but the customer service he provided was invaluable. I won't hesitate to purchase from him again.
wjrich100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha