lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2020, 11:49 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Longer rear shocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Slo would that be a trx400ex Honda shock?
you got it
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2020, 11:54 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
I just thought you would know the length of the top of your head. Yes, I have a tape measure and my cart is only a few feet out the back door.

UPDATE: the rear coil over shocks on my G2 are 12" long from mounting bolts center to center with the cart resting on level ground.
There you go. So that's a "loaded and mounted shock length". I'm guessing that the unloaded length will be 1/2" to 1" longer. Stock Yamaha coil-overs will not have much travel, nor much sag. If you decide to swap them for an atv coil-over, keep in mind that the valving and spring rates will affect the travel, handling, and load carrying capability of your cart. I have found that the front shocks off most full size sport atv's to be "real close". But the Grizzly 660 front shocks have a bit more spring rate and a little less travel.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:46 PM   #13
ffmedicmatt
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
you got it
Slo,

You know if someone on here has posted an easy how to on easy ways to replace these shocks? I’m sure it’s pretty self explanatory once I start doing it but I wasn’t sure if someone posted tips or tricks that you’ve seen.

Or if you’ve done it if you have any
ffmedicmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha