lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #1
Yazoohunter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Help with 06 DS rear suspension

Gents, need some help. I have rear seat with HD springs that are quite old and seem to have flattened some over the last 8 years bc the cart seems to be bottoming out on bumps in woods. Should i replace the springs or go with dual action springs? If so, can someone recommend which ones and where to buy? Many thanks for any help!
Yazoohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2021, 11:22 AM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Help with 06 DS rear suspension

Did you find that it rode rough before? I like the idea of the dual action better, but it's an opinion from someone that rarely uses the back seat.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:03 AM   #3
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: Help with 06 DS rear suspension

I had a similar issue, I have a HD 4 leaf spring for my rear axle, couple of thing were going on in my case, i was bottoming on the bigger bumps, and i was also scrubbing the fender on turns.
In my case it turned out to be the shocks, and i took a different approach. the bottom shock mount mounts to top of the block, I took that shock mount from the top and moved it to the bottom, this allowed me to run a longer shock, I also had a buddy that worked at AZ let me try on a bunch of variety of shocks, 1977 AMC pacer, are the shocks that work the best.....

The top shock mount remains the same, i posted a couple of pics showing the bottom bracket in it's new location.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180128_075205.jpg (155.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180128_075233.jpg (218.6 KB, 0 views)
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts