lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2021, 09:42 PM   #1
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT...show me your ST Front Cowls on TXTs

Hey guys...Just got my tires and wheels ordered...both should be here next week. 26 Kanati Mongrels on 12" red on black Spyders. I'm at the point where I am ready to finish up body work and paint the body on my TXT. Going with metallic red. Problem is, which front do I want to put on it. I have the original TXT front cowl. I also have a spare ST front cowl...its a bit odd as it doesn't have holes in the sides for the brush guard or roof support, and it has been painted before and lots of scratches, so there will be a good bit of body work to do on it before I can paint it, so I want to make the decision before I do the work. Hoping I could see some lifted TXTs with the ST cowl installed. How are ya'll dealing with fender flares? What LED lights work in them and look good.

Post em up! Thanks!
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2021, 10:25 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT...show me your ST Front Cowls on TXTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Hey guys...Just got my tires and wheels ordered...both should be here next week. 26 Kanati Mongrels on 12" red on black Spyders. I'm at the point where I am ready to finish up body work and paint the body on my TXT. Going with metallic red. Problem is, which front do I want to put on it. I have the original TXT front cowl. I also have a spare ST front cowl...its a bit odd as it doesn't have holes in the sides for the brush guard or roof support, and it has been painted before and lots of scratches, so there will be a good bit of body work to do on it before I can paint it, so I want to make the decision before I do the work. Hoping I could see some lifted TXTs with the ST cowl installed. How are ya'll dealing with fender flares? What LED lights work in them and look good.

Post em up! Thanks!
Here you go JPonLKN
Its sitting in my basement waiting on Spring
I used the stock fender flares and stock headlights.

I don't drive at night anyway so not sure why I even put headlights on it but I did

I rebuilt the engine along with about everything you could think of. I just wanted to complete one of these before I couldn't do this anymore.

Tip, if you use this cowl you will have to get a workhorse windshield. The standard TXT would not fit. Hit my nice cowl and had to remove it. The top is off a 2014 TXT but it worked fine with a little tweaking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toms TXT.jpg (323.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Toms exgo txt.jpg (326.9 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:12 PM   #3
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Tip, if you use this cowl you will have to get a workhorse windshield. The standard TXT would not fit. Hit my nice cowl and had to remove it. The top is off a 2014 TXT but it worked fine with a little tweaking.
Nice cart, very clean. I'm really leaning toward going with the ST cowl...just going to be a bit of work. It was originally Yellow, painted green. Scratches, missing a light and one broken light. Its perfect. LOL
20210116_230633.jpg
See, that's the kind of info I need. I'll have to mock up my cowl on the TXT with the windshield to see if it works. Did you consider cutting the bottom of the windshield? Its just plastic. Cope it to the hood shape. Doesn't need to go all the way to the top anyway.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:19 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Nice cart, very clean. I'm really leaning toward going with the ST cowl...just going to be a bit of work. It was originally Yellow, painted green. Scratches, missing a light and one broken light. Its perfect. LOL
Attachment 215258
See, that's the kind of info I need. I'll have to mock up my cowl on the TXT with the windshield to see if it works. Did you consider cutting the bottom of the windshield? Its just plastic. Cope it to the hood shape. Doesn't need to go all the way to the top anyway.
I did think about cutting it but it was brand new and I just couldn't do it.

Glad I didn't because later on I bought a workhorse with standard TXT cowl so I used the windshield on it. I still may try and find a workhorse windshield.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:20 AM   #5
PharmGuy85
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've got to order new fender flares for my ST project cart, the previous owner cut the ones that were on it. I found both for about $75 shipped. This is the cart with the Rhox lift? I think you'll be fine running 26" with no rub.
PharmGuy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:17 AM   #6
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGuy85 View Post
I've got to order new fender flares for my ST project cart, the previous owner cut the ones that were on it. I found both for about $75 shipped. This is the cart with the Rhox lift? I think you'll be fine running 26" with no rub.
I also have a couple workhorses here that I am working on in addition to the lifted TXT...I have also bought those flares and expect that is what I will do if I go with the ST cowl on the TXT... I have the typical black plastic fender flares for the TXT cowl...bought them a while back and was planning on using them when I get done with the body work...but I acquired this front ST Cowl...Just curious if there were flares available similar to the typical TXT flares out there, or if folks have tried some different things. Trig123's set up is the standard...but what else is out there.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:35 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Not quite what you asked for but here are some of the new style cowl as well with modified fender flares.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:06 PM   #8
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Not quite what you asked for but here are some of the new style cowl as well with modified fender flares.
You say "new style cowl", is that an aftermarket cowl, or OEM from a newer model modified to fit the older cart? Or is it simply a newer cart? I don't have any of those.
Your modification to the fender flare is what I am looking for...how are folks dealing with the eventual mess off the front tires with big wide tires that extend out past the stock flares. Your solution works...not sure I like it the way you have it...but definitely give me some ideas. Thanks for the response.

Where did you get the cage on the workhorse? "Buggies Gone Wild" decal on the top as well...where did that come from?
Old 01-17-2021, 04:51 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That cowl is the new oem style ezgo/cushman cowl that has been around a few years now. Fender flares were a hey we have extra parts from something else we built but worked. You won’t find anything that looks factory that wide. We were tired of getting covered in mud. Cage was custom built by myself and another member here a few years back. It has proven it works as my daughter and her friend flipped it a while back and I of course had just put the newly wrapped carbon fiber body on it. Landed on its side and threw both of them out of the cart. One cleared, the other one was underneath it in a ditch but the cage kept it from rolling over her. Scuffed up the tires and broke the battery tray hold down but zero body damage. Girls had a few scratches they tried to hide so they didn’t have to tell me but I got suspicious when they parked a ways away from me and limped into the house. Opened the seat and the battery was upside down and on the passenger side. Hmm. Nothing to see here.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:42 PM   #10
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad they were ok...good on em for getting it back on all fours.
Is it top heavy? I am considering building one for the TXT...just don't want to make it tippy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts