lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2021, 10:20 AM   #1
Spiesf432
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2007 YDRE not going forward or reverse

Good day, i am from South Africa, i have a 2007 YDRE, cart drove fine for almost a year, past weekend while driving, it just jerked 2 or 3 times and stopped, now i have no forward or reverse movement, batteries are brand new and in excellent condition, all switches tested and in working condition, solenoid tests good and clicks when flipping switch and pressing accelerator, also hear a very distinct humming for few seconds until solenoid clicks again, reverse buzzer works, if cart is on and in run, when i push the cart, the solenoid clicks. Everything tests fine, motor just won't turn, could it still be a faulty controller? Or is it motor? Which points can i test from controller to motor to see if the controller in fact does supply the motor with correct voltage or not? Or can i somehow test the motor directly with 12v-48v to see if it runs? Any info would be greatly appreciated as parts are extremely expensive around here, can't replace anything without being 100% sure that it's the problem... Thanks
Spiesf432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 YDRE not going forward or reverse

There are several ways to test the motor. You likely have a motor brush issue, however it is possible for a controller, or any other component, to simply fail. In this forum section there are many threads regarding your cart model and this exact issue.

The motor brushes are cheap and, in my opinion, easy to replace. The humming sound is odd though. I am sure one of the experts will be along shortly but I definitely would browse the other threads. There are several even on the first page of this forum that are very similar issues to yours.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:46 PM   #3
Spiesf432
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I've been reading through probably 30+ threads with similar symptoms, but none of them really helped me narrow down the main problem. I found a thread under the ClubCar section on how to "Bench" test sepex motor, so i connected A1 to F1 and A2 to F2 with jumper wires, Batteries were disconnected and cart's wires on motor were removed, and jacked up the cart at the rear. So then i connected +12v to A1-F1 and -12v to A2-F2, and the motor runs... What i forgot to mention, is the switch on the accelerator pedal tests good, its like a NC push switch, but when the accelerator pedal is released, it breaks the circuit when the switch gets pushed in. The other switch/sensor on the accelerator pedal, on the right hand side, is the only switch or sensor that i can't really test, because it's definitely not a potentiometer... i removed it and tried measuring the ohms, but i get no reading on any ohm setting or any continuity through any combination of pins. Inspected the switch/sensor some more and seems like it works with a small magnet inside or something, how do i test this switch/sensor correctly? Should it be on ohms or maybe volts? And if its volts, i should probably leave everything connected and basically backprobe it at the connector? If that sounds right, which wires do i backprobe and what readings should i get on which wires while doing what with the accelerator pedal?
Spiesf432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:42 PM   #4
Croqezgo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Are you talking about the small switch on the side and towards the bottom in the pedal box? If so, I have to replace mine. It was cheap but kind of a pain. I believe that switch tells the controller that the pedal is actually being pressed and then it should read the POT switch.
Croqezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha