lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
supergolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rebuild or not?

I just picked up a 2002 Workhorse ST350 and one of the cylinders in the Robin engine was pushing out oil. I have removed the engine (last night) and am wondering if I should bother rebuilding or can I get some kind of pre made bracket for a Honda, Briggs, Kawasaki or other clone engine just to have some more power? Any advice would be appreciated, I am good with wrenches as I own four ATV's so I am used to doing work and not afraid to get dirty!

Thanks, John
supergolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rebuild or not?

A rebuild would most likely be alot cheaper, but it all depends on what your looking for power wise...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
kevdude59
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I am new also and have just torn down a 295 out of a 95. I am finding that parts are more than a V8 chevy. I don't understand how the demand for these can drive the price so high. Check all over on prices, but you can be $500 off if a few more parts are bad than you thought. You almost have to tear it down to find out what you are into.

I pondered the same question then thought, some day I will sell this and do it all again and I bet that more people will want a stock setup rather than a "custom" engine set up.
kevdude59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

There are dealers that will swap a rebuildable core for a freshly built engine for 6 or 7 hundred bucks. Just somethin to think about if you don't care to build one yourself.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
kevdude59
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

one more thing . . not stock, no reverse??? There may be a way, but not stock again I bet.
kevdude59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
supergolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just tore it all down and the good news is that the cylinders, pistons and all internals are perfect and measured out to within all tolerances! The bad news is that there was nothing obvious that I found that would have led to heavy oil in one of the exhaust ports! I am going to pull the valves out sometime tomorrow, but at this point I am going to order a new set of rings and a gasket set along with some other basic parts to put this thing back together! Hey I read somewhere about a exhaust mod for the stock exhaust, and idea what the specifics are?

Thanks, John
Old 08-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #7
Boris
DELETED

Hey SuperG ........ if you want a little more ooomph in the engine, now that you have it down .... Do a search and read up on the 295cc head swap, the increase in compression .... and what you can expect.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...oke-carts.html Here is the exhaust directions. Real simple and easy if you have a welder. I have the 350 /295 setup in mine with the mod. stock exhaust and love it. Loads of power and torque. You won't regret it!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
supergolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info on the muffler mod, I will be making that change this weekend. Do you have any insight as to where to buy my engine parts?

Thanks, John
Old 08-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #10
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Check with site sponsors for all your carting needs!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO