lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
Garywv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re-Build on a 1995 Robin 295 E-Z-GO

After I do the carb re-build and valve check tommorrow I am going to consider a re-ring job on my 295.
How much piston slop is allowable before I need to replace or go for oversize pistons and a re-bore job?
The motor runs great no clicking or knocking the whole RPM range so If I can get away with it I am just wanting to put in a light crosshatch and new rings , I think I read somwhere that .07 was the max piston to wall clearance? Does that sound right..
I do not know of any local EZGO places locally that would not charge me an arm and a leg for a ring set and a few gaskets so who on this site is a dealer that will ship to Florida ? (I like to Use the forum guys that help everyone for parts if I cant get local parts )
But is it possible to have a clean bore and good pistons with just ring wear with a 90 PSI dry pressure check and a 120 wet pressure check?
Or is it your experiance that I will need 2 new pistons and re-bore the cylinders? I know I am getting a little far ahead of myself in asking these questions but I always like to know what I am looking at before a teardown as well. Sorry for the extra long posts but just a new guy with a new toy looking for answers.
Also I need to make a set of hand controls for the cart as well so when we go hunting I can drive the cart without using the butt of my rifle it works but its always in the back of my mind "did I unload the rifle"
Thanks for all of the good information that I have found on this forum guys , so far looks like a great bunch of people here..And I hope that I can help someone else out as well some day..
Thanks
Gary
Garywv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO