lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #21
rib33024

Default Re: Power spring didnt seem to help!?

has this motor ever been rebuilt?, need to do a compression test
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
bubba120708
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok so tonight I didn't have any time to look at it hard or tear into anything, but I looked it over quick and what I saw right away is the nut on the passenger side that holds the generator down was missing. Could this be causing problems also? Tomorrow night I'll look it over more and see If I can see anything else. As far as I know no it hasn't been rebuilt. I will do a compression test to it. What should it read? Thanks again guys! I've been getting real frustrated and I don't know what id do if I didn't have your guys help!
bubba120708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #23
bubba120708
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Also when I had the cart up in the air and when I was installing the lift kit I noticed some slack in the gas pedal cable so I tighten that up. Did I tighten it to much? Cus the cart won't run right when I first push on the gas and runs a little better once I give it more gas.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #24
bubba120708
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok so tonight I checked the cart out more and think the clutches are ok but am positive that the torque cable is gone! Is this cable only about 4 inches long?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yes and it makes all the difference if you start out on a hill.

You should have the cart start up and idle (if you have carb set to idle) and then the top of pedal move about 1", then the carb should start to open.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #26
B-Well
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf View Post
I have yet to find something I cant climb with the power spring installed.
me either. i never come up short on power

ive got a machined clutch and power spring with 22" tires and on hills i spin tires or pull the front wheels up depending on how many people i have with me, but i never come up short on power.

check your driven clutch ramps and your belts.
belt must be all the way to the top of the driven clutch to have maximum torque
B-Well is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #27
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

Having you carb and throttle is key to getting the powerband right and if that tensioner cable is missing you really need to replace it. It keeps tension on the drive belt. The motor mounts are soft and flex alot so if that cable isnt there the motor will rock backwards when you throttle on it and it will do as if the belt is stretched because it will put slack in it.
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #28
bubba120708
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So today I ordered the new carb spacer, and torque cable from cpp. Hopefully this fixes it and the cart acts the way I'm hoping! Talked to Tom at cpp today and he told me to that I have the cable for the gas pedal to tight. Thanks again guys and I tell ya what id be lost without this site and your guys help! I'll let you guys know what happens when I get these parts and get them installed. Plus I'll post some pictures of the cart to!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #29
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If the engine moves it is same as using a different size belt. It changes how the cvt shifts, and usually in a bad way. When you get it on there find a hand gps, then tighten the tension cable until you lose top speed (run a set distance that gets you near top speed) then loosen it up a little. The tighter it is the better it takes off up a hill, but should work pretty good set there if everything is working properly. I'd also get that HD belt and/or a cut sheave.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha