lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
rlester
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Oil light.

How do I know if it works? It never lights up. I forgot to check to see if it worked when I changed the oil. I assume it will light up if the ignition is on, and there is no oil in it, is that correct?
rlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Oil light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlester View Post
How do I know if it works? It never lights up. I forgot to check to see if it worked when I changed the oil. I assume it will light up if the ignition is on, and there is no oil in it, is that correct?
Yes it should light up when the oil is drained. If the ignition switch is good, thelight should work with the key half way between on and off. Maybe the bulb is burnt out.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The dipstick never, ever fails . - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
rlester
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ha, yeah I agree, the dipstick never lies. The only problem is, my kids ride this thing more than I do.

I tried to remove the bulb from behind but it didn't want to come out easily. Just didn't want to force it, but I will try again.

R.
rlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #5
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

For the time being, if you could find the switch and short the wire to ground to light the bulb, that would confirm that the circuit (except for the switch) is ok. You would then have to confirm the switch at the next oil change. It might also be a good time to introduce the kids to the dipstick. - Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha