lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #21
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Snowplow setup

Got some "me time" yesterday and got the plow re-installed. Since last winter I put the atv front end on and had to figure a new way to mount the plow setup. Here's the results.

So the first pic shows the atv subframe mounted to the golf cart front frame hoop, of course without the plow brackets.

The next pics show the little swivel mounts I used to mount the plow. I found these swivel bracket mounts at tractor supply that use a 1/2" bolt and used one pair on the golf cart, and one pair on the plow. The bolt goes through the brackets and bingo, it swivels up and down, but no side to side movement. It's very stout too, I really wiggled it pretty hard and I can slide the golf cart side to side by pushing the plow sideways! Beats the old mount. It used to have way too much play side to side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Withswagerods01.jpg (213.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg plow3.jpg (127.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg plow35.jpg (114.0 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #22
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Some shots of the plow mounted and ready to plow. And a shot of the snowy driveway that I just plowed. One thing to note. Since the mount is on the very front of the cart, it really puts downward pressure on the front end, which is ok except it raises the back end up. I really need some ballast weight. Maybe 100lbs of sand tubes? Anyway, it works great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plow1.jpg (156.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg plow2.jpg (149.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg plow4.jpg (154.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg plow5.jpg (147.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg plow6.jpg (137.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #23
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Really nice idea Slo. Because of the angle between the winch and the attach point on the plow does raising the plow flex the front end? Gone for a couple of days and my drive is a mess!
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #24
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yeah it squats down alot, but not bottomed out. I'll put some weight in the back and that should help quite a bit.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #25
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Slonomo, that looks cool, but I would have to opt for a heated cab and larger plow set-up001.jpg
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #26
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I'm planning on attaching the winch cable closer in to the cart, almost straight down. For the trial run it just didn't have another point to hook to. Prob won't matter on the front end squat though, that plow is pretty heavy. The orig framework of the plow is all 1/2" steel and the plow skin itself is 1/4". The weight does a great job scraping the snow and ice.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #27
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwar410 View Post
Slonomo, that looks cool, but I would have to opt for a heated cab and larger plow set-upAttachment 77546
Man you need a front end loader! LOL
Old 01-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #28
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I added 150# of sandbag ballast weight and it operates much better. Traction is def not a problem now, although the front does squat pretty low. No clearance issues, just low height. Thinking I need heavier front springs/shocks. Any suggestions? It's now using yamaha warrior front shocks, which are fine for riding around and stuff, might be soft, but for the plow it just doesn't have enough spring rate.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #29
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I wonder if you can get small air bags, you could have a nice ride and air up for plowing.

And yeah a loader would've been nice, we were expecting 8" and got around 2' with 5' drifts.
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #30
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Lightbulb Re: G1 Snowplow setup

I was thinking the same thing. Leave the shocks that are on it and maybe add a single air bag somehow on the front along the centerline just for plowing.The other thought I had was to fashion some sort of rod/bracket to make the front end rigid during plowing and eliminate the shock travel all together! Just a thought, I'm no brainiac ya know.
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha