lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
Y-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default start delay on 2007 Yamaha YDRA (gas)

My 2007 YDRA cart has developed a long start delay when I step on the accelerator (usually 4-5 seconds). The delay is now pretty much always present but and has gotten to the point that if an additional person is with me (heavier load) and we are starting on an incline, you can hear a small whine and then a click sounds as it fails to start all together. I have replaced the battery and checked all connections. Also the start/gen belt seems to be fine. I was able to pull one of the brush inspection covers off and that particular brush was still riding well above the guide. Anyone with an idea of where I should start looking?
Y-Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: start delay on 2007 Yamaha YDRA (gas)

"small whine" usually indicated loose starter belt but if you say it's tight I would throw a new set of brushes in it anyway even though you inspected on they don't wear even and the wear mark is more of guide also while you have it out clean the commutater that the brushes ride on with some emerey cloth
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #3
Y-Cart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: start delay on 2007 Yamaha YDRA (gas)

thanks! I'll give that a try.
Y-Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha