lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2022, 08:27 AM   #1
ElanSchchi
Not Yet Wild

Default Icon keeps stopping or slowing down while driving

Hi, I’ve had an Icon for the last year. At the beginning there weren’t any problems. Now it seems like most rides at some point, the cart will lose power while I’m at full speed, around 25mph. Sometime if I take my foot off the gas and slowly step down it will reingage, but sometimes my foot goes all the down on the pedal and nothing happens. It also sometimes happens when im stopped at a stoplight and have to start going. Sometimes it won’t start moving and I’ll have to tap the gas pedal a few times and press it just right for the cart to start moving. It seems like the last few rides it’s gotten even worse when if I don’t keep the pedal at an exact angle the cart loses power and I’ll slow down to a stop in the middle of the road. It’s scary when I’m driving normally and all of a sudden the cart loses power when I’m a road with normal cars. Any idea of what’s wrong and how to fix it? No electrical or mechanical experience, would have to someone to work on it.
ElanSchchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2022, 11:58 AM   #2
BobInDaytona
Getting Wild

Default Re: Icon keeps stopping or slowing down while driving

If you can get your hands on the programming software and cable, or if you know someone with that stuff, you can monitor some things that may be going on. I would look at throttle voltage, current flow, battery health and things like that. Also, check for fault codes...
BobInDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:29 PM   #3
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElanSchchi View Post
Hi, I’ve had an Icon for the last year. At the beginning there weren’t any problems. Now it seems like most rides at some point, the cart will lose power while I’m at full speed, around 25mph. Sometime if I take my foot off the gas and slowly step down it will reingage, but sometimes my foot goes all the down on the pedal and nothing happens. It also sometimes happens when im stopped at a stoplight and have to start going. Sometimes it won’t start moving and I’ll have to tap the gas pedal a few times and press it just right for the cart to start moving. It seems like the last few rides it’s gotten even worse when if I don’t keep the pedal at an exact angle the cart loses power and I’ll slow down to a stop in the middle of the road. It’s scary when I’m driving normally and all of a sudden the cart loses power when I’m a road with normal cars. Any idea of what’s wrong and how to fix it? No electrical or mechanical experience, would have to someone to work on it.
You're probably on/off the pedal often and with unfortunate timing. When you're at 0 RPMs and foot off the accelerator, the cart engages the e-brake.

There's a delay when it does that.

I'd guess you need to adjust line #56 ("Accel Off Drive Enable Time").

I saw one user had a dealer put it from 0.1 to 0.2 seconds and I guessed it was relating to the delay with the e-brake.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 03:44 PM   #4
Crazylegs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Mine just started doing the same thing. I know there is a software up date for it. Dealer is coming out to try that this week. I'll post on here the results.
Crazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 07:49 PM   #5
Crazylegs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It appears if you do not flip the switch under the seat while charging to the middle position it doesn't charge complete, or something. Charging with the switch in the middle position and the cart has been working fine so far.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:41 AM   #6
BackNine29
Not Yet Wild

Similar happens to me with my i20, mostly after stopping. I slowly hit the accelerator and nothing happens. I let off pedal and hit it again and it engages, but slow acceleration. Warranty service is coming out tomorrow to look at programming and the battery load. I'll try to report back. Very frustrating.
BackNine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 08:11 AM   #7
Crazylegs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Mi I20 is back to that same issue again. Dealership is coming out to enter a new program update that ICON sent them. I'll let you know what happens.

Tags
getting stuck, icon, slowing down
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon