lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2022, 09:42 PM   #1
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Default Lifts

A couple years back on a precedent I wanted to upgrade to some bigger rims and tires so I dropped the bucks on a Jakes 3" spindle lift. While it was easy to install it was near impossible to keep alignment and the turning radius sucked.

Today I am thinking a double a arm lift is the way to go, prior to doing the spindle lift the cart seemed more stable and softer ride but in the end the upgrade looked better but rode more harsh.

So I rode in a modern lifted onward, it was originally order with the rear seat and lifted but the owner then removed the rear seat and changed out the rear leafs to the 2 seat version of the cart and it ran so smooth and had a great turning radius compared to mine.

As I start to investigate a new lift I just don't want to make a mistake you guys seem to like the Jakes A arm and or the all sports but I am wondering what the stock club car lift is. I think I may have read a post saying the stock suspension is made by all sports?

Anyhow I am ready to buy and like most things it seems it's either made to order or not in inventory for months.

Interested in your thoughts and wisdom here

Thanks
ImplantLabTech is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2022, 10:24 PM   #2
tedstephens
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lifts

I installed a 4” Rhox lift kit, worked great, handling was great, all around very happy with it. 09 president 42ABF94C-9C25-4805-8508-EA6B9380E503.jpeg
tedstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:14 PM   #3
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Share what lift you are running on your cart and what you think of the ride quality
Old 02-01-2022, 05:58 PM   #4
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

New factory Onward lift acquired and will be here on Friday with out having to wait for AllSport which I am happy about, ordered the longer driver brake cable as well to finally fix the random axel pull from the crappy blocks/ubolts that are on it now.
Old 06-09-2023, 11:28 AM   #5
Kallig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImplantLabTech View Post
A couple years back on a precedent I wanted to upgrade to some bigger rims and tires so I dropped the bucks on a Jakes 3" spindle lift. While it was easy to install it was near impossible to keep alignment and the turning radius sucked.

Today I am thinking a double a arm lift is the way to go, prior to doing the spindle lift the cart seemed more stable and softer ride but in the end the upgrade looked better but rode more harsh.

So I rode in a modern lifted onward, it was originally order with the rear seat and lifted but the owner then removed the rear seat and changed out the rear leafs to the 2 seat version of the cart and it ran so smooth and had a great turning radius compared to mine.

As I start to investigate a new lift I just don't want to make a mistake you guys seem to like the Jakes A arm and or the all sports but I am wondering what the stock club car lift is. I think I may have read a post saying the stock suspension is made by all sports?

Anyhow I am ready to buy and like most things it seems it's either made to order or not in inventory for months.

Interested in your thoughts and wisdom here

Thanks
Hold on a minute here, did you say the owner had a factory lifted Onward and swapped the rear leafs to a non lifted onward leaf? Did this really benefit the ride quality?! also did this affect the ride height??
Kallig is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car