lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #11
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 Yamaha Drive Review

Welcome!! Very nice cart!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #12
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

i guess it would look alot better with the in-body lights. mine looked way better when i put them in...
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:55 PM   #13
georgetroy
Not Yet Wild

I agree it would better with the lights. Not just yet, I do plan to add them. Thanks GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha4life View Post
i guess it would look alot better with the in-body lights. mine looked way better when i put them in...
georgetroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #14
ElC
Gone Wild

Default 2008 Yamaha Drive Review

First off this is my first post on this forum. My Name is Eric,I used to periodically use the Buggies Unlimited forums but couldn't stand it any more. In addition to that I have seen posts Tom from Carts Parts Plus on here who I have much respect for. I bought a 2008 drive, honestly I don't know if there are any note worthy differences between 2007 and 2008. This makes the second Yamaha Gas cart I own. I like the way they looked and was built so much I bought one this Friday. Got the cart ,tires and lift from (Jakes). Will be ordering a 23 HP Vangaurd with some performance upgrades from Tom (Carts Parts Plus) this week. Going to drop the 357 in our G16 and swap (Plowmans) hot set-up from the 301. Truth is I liked the Yamaha (obviously) and my only regret is the 2008 drive has some of my least liked Club Car influences. The composite makes sense the frame and build look nice to me. Some of the things I don't like are the hard seats, and I hate the new longer steering wheel position. I love the rack and pinnion steering however it does seems slow. I can predict that my gut is going to hit the steering wheel while reaching for a beer despite, the newly redesigned cup holders. I'm hoping I can find a cooler that will fit in the new larger basket behind the seats. I hope the transaxle (also on club cars) holds up to the Vangaurd. The Dana in the G series was known to be bomb proof. It's like anything else it all about whats is important to the individual. They are all good carts, each has it's pros and cons. I appreciated you opinion of the cart No No Ez-Go, but on some points I disagree. I'm trying to upload some pictures of the Yamaha's hopefully they work. If not (it says uploaded please wait for like 10 minutes.. I'll try in the test area) in the meantime you can see the newest one on Jakescarts.com under customers carts. I'm glad to be here!
ElC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #15
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Hey, I posted it how I took it. I am not going to kiss up to any cart because it's a Yamaha or E-Z-GO or Club Car. I rated it for what I thought of it.

And Club Car does not use the TEAM transaxle. That is a Yamaha-only feature. Club Car uses Kawasaki or Graziano transaxles.

The Drive seems to hold up well. I was talking to another local dealer and he has had excellent luck with them. Tom from Cart Parts Plus reported 30+ transaxles being replaced in some Drives already. Who knows, give it a few years and we'll see. I think we can all bet our farms on the fact that the Yamaha Drive, Club Car Precedent, and E-Z-GO RXV will never hold up like the G9s, DSs, and Marathons. You know what they say about opinions, though...

Oh, and WELCOME TO BUGGIES GONE WILD!!! We're glad to have you!
Post some pics of that new Drive for the world to see.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #16
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

also no no youre testing a stock cart. i know my g16 would hardy go through a medium sized rut before i modded it. im sure with a comet 94c, a shorter belt and better rear clutch it would do alot better...
Old 11-17-2007, 05:31 PM   #17
georgetroy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 Yamaha Drive Review

The steering column is just right for me and as I said before, love the position of the cup holders. Yes the seats are hard, I wonder if they will ever soften. The steering is easy for me compared to some of the truck steering on the rentals I have been using for the last year. I believe there is a cooler available from Yamaha to fit their basket. I have already fixed a ball retriever is the hole of the wire basket, great idea. The four year warrenty works for me if I ever need it. I appreciate all the comments by you and others on pros & cons about the Yamaha. Before the Yamaha I had a EZGO. My Arctic Cat will serve as my speed needs right now. Ok,Ok, Ok, X drag racer here 35 years ago. GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElC View Post
First off this is my first post on this forum. My Name is Eric,I used to periodically use the Buggies Unlimited forums but couldn't stand it any more. In addition to that I have seen posts Tom from Carts Parts Plus on here who I have much respect for. I bought a 2008 drive, honestly I don't know if there are any note worthy differences between 2007 and 2008. This makes the second Yamaha Gas cart I own. I like the way they looked and was built so much I bought one this Friday. Got the cart ,tires and lift from (Jakes). Will be ordering a 23 HP Vangaurd with some performance upgrades from Tom (Carts Parts Plus) this week. Going to drop the 357 in our G16 and swap (Plowmans) hot set-up from the 301. Truth is I liked the Yamaha (obviously) and my only regret is the 2008 drive has some of my least liked Club Car influences. The composite makes sense the frame and build look nice to me. Some of the things I don't like are the hard seats, and I hate the new longer steering wheel position. I love the rack and pinnion steering however it does seems slow. I can predict that my gut is going to hit the steering wheel while reaching for a beer despite, the newly redesigned cup holders. I'm hoping I can find a cooler that will fit in the new larger basket behind the seats. I hope the transaxle (also on club cars) holds up to the Vangaurd. The Dana in the G series was known to be bomb proof. It's like anything else it all about whats is important to the individual. They are all good carts, each has it's pros and cons. I appreciated you opinion of the cart No No Ez-Go, but on some points I disagree. I'm trying to upload some pictures of the Yamaha's hopefully they work. If not (it says uploaded please wait for like 10 minutes.. I'll try in the test area) in the meantime you can see the newest one on Jakescarts.com under customers carts. I'm glad to be here!
georgetroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #18
NetMXer
Gone Wild

Aaron, was that thing shaft driven?
I'm surprised it has such a small amount of HP for as large of a motor as it has. They must detune their cart engines to slow them down. Their 250cc motocross bike has four times as much HP as this cart. Maybe they should make the YZF250 motor an option on the cart.
NetMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #19
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

No, it's belt driven just as any other cart is. IMO, the 301 was the best Yamaha cart engine ever made. The 285 is tough but not all that powerful, and the 357 is a wimp. The 301 came in 9.5 or 10.0hp. The 357F is an 11.4hp engine but it feels like way less.

The cart engines are restricted a lot by their quiet mufflers and intakes. I'm sure with a different intake and louder (aka more flow) muffler, they would really open up.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #20
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

when i put the plowmans exhaust on it gave it alot more power, im sure its the same way with this cart...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha