lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2016, 09:50 AM   #41
Skipp3r
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Fuel Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredstev View Post
Yesterday, I pulled the fuel pump off my 1989 G1 to give it a cleaning. Wasn't so easy getting the 6mm phillips head screws out that held it to the motor, especially the bottom screw. The edge of the motor flange prevents you from coming straight at it with a screwdriver.

What I did when it came time to reinstall it, was use allen head 6mm bolts. That allowed me to use an allen wrench with the ball end design. I'll try attaching a pic.
Any tips on how to get that bottom screw out? I have really struggled getting to it. Removed the air filter canister for a little more access but still having trouble.

I was starting to think it was necessary to pull the engine to get to that one screw. Any help or ideas are much appreciated!
Skipp3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #42
fredstev
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipp3r View Post
Any tips on how to get that bottom screw out? I have really struggled getting to it. Removed the air filter canister for a little more access but still having trouble.

I was starting to think it was necessary to pull the engine to get to that one screw. Any help or ideas are much appreciated!
What I did was remove the top screw (easy), and then rotate the fuel pump back and forth after spraying kroil on the bottom screw. It eventually gave up the battle, and I could get it out even with the phillips screwdriver on a slight angle. That's why I used socket head screws for replacement.
fredstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #43
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

where did you get the shutoff valve?
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #44
43guy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey y'all. What is the general opinion on new fuel pumps? Are aftermarket ok? I went with an OEM new carb for my '03 G22 but looking for a new fuel pump and reviews for aftermarket are generally positive. The pump on there now is aftermarket or else I would pull it apart and clean it if it was OEM.
Thanks.
43guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:36 PM   #45
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a G16 that has been giving me the run around. Air cleaner not attached. I pull the choke all the way but it doesnt want to turn over...put my palm over the air inlet on the carb (sucks really hard) and it starts. Pump seems to be pumping fuel fine when I detach it to check. Also noticed it starts fine when the wheels are in the air...not so much when its on the ground. I dont have the airfilter top yet but was thinking maybe the line that goes from aircleaner to the valve cover has something to do with it. Any thoughts? Also has new belt and clutch but dont think that has anything to do with the issue im having. Seems to me the carb or something else
jayp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:06 AM   #46
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Put the air filter back on. The carb is jetted for the restriction caused by the filter. Even the choke might not help with the airbox off.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #47
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Fuel Pump

Thanks I was thinking that....new top to airbox comes in mail Friday...will try then report.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:38 AM   #48
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That may not be your only problem, but you won't get far without the airbox tightly sealed.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:32 AM   #49
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay installed airbox cover with filter still did not start as it should. Wrapped the oil dip-stick gasket/rubber with some teflon tape to make a tighter seal...that didn't help either. Suggestions?
Old 11-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #50
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Eleven year old thread and still going.

CONGRATS, I am new to carts and this thread helped me get my G2 up and running,

BZ
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha