lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #11
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: costco 36V battery / vs / trojan / exide. ???

Everyone's certainly entitled to their opinion. From a cost containment standpoint, every 3 sets of Trojans you can buy 4 sets of Exides.
I've had 6 Exides on my boat in a heavy use operation (for a boat) since Feb 2002 which is about 7 years by my count. They're still going strong with no signs of failure so their life cycle is still to be determined.
I watch fellow boaters replace their Trojans at the same rate as any other brand which brings me to the point of bang for your buck.......and my bucks go to Exide.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #12
cchunter678
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just bought Sam's batteries paid 69.00 each. Wasted my money. They are same amp as Trojan but only run about .3 mile on first charge second charge same. The 7 year old Trojans were still going 5 miles. I will no go buy the Trojans and be happy again sure could have used that money for somethig else.
cchunter678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #13
K-DAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter678 View Post
Just bought Sam's batteries paid 69.00 each. Wasted my money. They are same amp as Trojan but only run about .3 mile on first charge second charge same. The 7 year old Trojans were still going 5 miles. I will no go buy the Trojans and be happy again sure could have used that money for somethig else.
Sounds like you have some other problem.
K-DAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #14
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Exide and Johnson controls are not the same battery..
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #15
dougmcp
Gone Wild

The GC-2 Exide/Energizer batteries I saw at Sam's Club yesterday were made by Johnson Controls.
Quote:

GC2 Enertec product Blk/Blk: SAM'S CLUB
Amp-Hour at the 20 hour rate: 225Ah
Minutes at 75 amps: 110 minutes
Minutes at 25 amps: 447 minutes

Pretty comparable to the T105's

GC2 : SAM'S CLUB ENERGIZER 6v
This is manufactured by Johnson Controls Mexico.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
epcopres
Not Yet Wild

what is the average distance on a charge. I was in a previous post something about 3 to 5 miles. A round of golf could be 4 to 5 miles long. 6 to 7 if you play like me LOL Back and forth FOORRREEEEE!!!!
epcopres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #17
cchunter678
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

They were charging up wait about an hour run voltage check read 51.5 volts. Did not run gravity test as I left by hydromenter at home. Will buy Battries next month when I go back to the lake. Unless someone has a answer that I have not considered. Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.
cchunter678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #18
Joe Flori
Not Yet Wild

CCHunter678

I did put Exide 8 volt batteries in my 96 Club car recently and they take a charge just as well as the old Trojans did. Did you clean all of the terminals prior to installing them. Thats a thing some forget to do and they don't get the operation from the batteries that they should. Maybe this will help. I hope so.
My only concern is with my new batteries I don't have the mid range speed that I think it should have. Plenty of torque starting out but slow in the mid range. I didn't own this cart when it had good Trojans in it so I have no method of comparison. I'm guessing it is the smaller of the motors available.

Jf
Joe Flori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #19
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcopres View Post
what is the average distance on a charge. I was in a previous post something about 3 to 5 miles. A round of golf could be 4 to 5 miles long. 6 to 7 if you play like me LOL Back and forth FOORRREEEEE!!!!
Until I used a Garmin GPS I really didn't have a clue as to how far my cart would go on a full charge. When we were in Ft. Wilderness a while back we got 32+ miles before the pack read 48.4 volts. This was on flat ground and mostly running at 20 MPH. We took the cart up to 26 MPH here and there as well as a lot of 10 MPH riding around different camping loops. We don't use it for golf so I couldn't give you that comparison but surely you should be getting more then 7-8 miles.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #20
Mr_TeeBird
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Thumbs up Re: costco 36V battery / vs / trojan / exide. ???

I just purchased 6 new golf cart batteries at the Gilroy, CA Costco made by Johnson Controls for only $70 and so far, so good. The batteries have a white body with a red top and individual cell caps with almost identical specs as a Trojan T-105 but at half the cost. I was sitting on the fence trying to decide what is the better battery to buy but after reading several positive comments on Johnson Controls...I decided to take the plunge since the Trojans I really wanted were $131.99 each. I know they may not live as long but should last long enough with proper maintenance. I emailed Johnson Controls for the specs and here is what they provided:

6Volt

GC2 Enertec product Blk/Blk: SAM'S CLUB/Costco

I'll post a photo later to help identify - there seems to be different brands and colors out there and is not listed on the Costco web site and I see questions regarding Costco batteries on this and other boards.

Great site...glad to be a new member!
Mr_TeeBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good to use or no!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car