lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2021, 06:42 AM   #1
kidmg217
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha Drive sway bar install

I bought a Yamaha Drive gas cart a few months ago with a 6” lift, 22” tires and rear flip down seat. I love the cart but it didn’t take long to notice how much more body roll it had compared to older carts that I have owned. I did a lot of searching and seems like the only band aid I found was installing heavy rear shocks. I don’t like this idea since it will ride worse. With 2 adults on the back seat and 2 on the front you have to drive very slow, plan for unlevel ground and turns. I ended up putting together a sway bar kit with parts that are very easy to buy. I will post part number of everything later when I have more time. You will need to have welding and fabrication skills to complete this. If this works I will posts a few pics of what it looks like. Sorry that they are a little dark. It you can get the idea of what it looks like.
kidmg217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2021, 06:46 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Drive sway bar install

Very cool...your right I put heavy duty shocks on all my 4 pax builds and we do get complaints about the stiff ride. Drives tend to wonder at top end after being lifted so we also install wheel spacers to widen stance on a few of them which tends to help a bit. Thanks for sharing
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:52 PM   #3
kidmg217
Not Yet Wild

2 more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2382845D-BA00-480A-B1A2-932D1D82E003.jpg (23.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ED74D111-FCAE-4FBC-A722-7ABDEF1F54B1.jpg (19.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #4
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Where did you source the parts and could you give some part numbers. I was planning on looking for a way to fix our cart this fall.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:18 PM   #5
kidmg217
Not Yet Wild

The sway bar I got used off eBay with the bushing and mounts or under $20. It fits the rear of a 2006 Yamaha kodiak 450 atv.

Parts from yamaha
Sway bar 1D9-G7491-00-00
Bushings 1D9-F386G-00-00
Bushing holder 1D9-F386H-00-00

The sway bar end links I ordered from www.rockauto.com and fit the rear sway bar of a 2006 Honda Ridgeline car/truck. They were under $6 each and there’s a left and a right
Brand is spk.
Part number SK750111 & SK750110

If anyone tries this please post pics and how you made out.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:42 PM   #6
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thank you kidmg217 I am good at fabrication but I will use a stock part anytime I can. I will be bringing the cart home soon from the gulf coast for the summer . We I mean the wife decided that something needed to be done to get a better ride. LOL
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:46 PM   #7
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

guys this is AWESOME THANK YOU .. Kidmg217 how are the ends of torsion bar attached cannot quite see em in pic and...did you also do new HD shocks or just the bar.. DISREGARD
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 05:55 PM   #8
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Kidmg217 a legit question this time.. where did the large triangular bracket and lower bar come from? looks like the bracket on right side is fabbed..
Old 09-06-2021, 08:09 AM   #9
kidmg217
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by expoman55 View Post
Kidmg217 a legit question this time.. where did the large triangular bracket and lower bar come from? looks like the bracket on right side is fabbed..
The triangle bracket on the driver side came with the Jake’s lift kit. It lowers the track bar that is still factory. I had to cut a hole in the track bar drop bracket for the sway bar to fit through. To make the bracket solid again I welded a piece of angle iron to the frame and bolted it to the drop bracket.
I am still running the factory rear shocks and springs.
Old 09-08-2021, 08:59 PM   #10
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmg217 View Post
The triangle bracket on the driver side came with the Jake’s lift kit. It lowers the track bar that is still factory. I had to cut a hole in the track bar drop bracket for the sway bar to fit through. To make the bracket solid again I welded a piece of angle iron to the frame and bolted it to the drop bracket.
I am still running the factory rear shocks and springs.

AWESOME thanks for help. I am awaiting the parts for sway bar to arrive .. hopefully it will help me dial in the buggy with a 6" lift
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha