lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2021, 10:25 AM   #11
eph78
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 loss of power after clutch install

Stay away from the Red Spring. It haunts my dreams. Many clutches and replaced my input shaft.
eph78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2021, 07:42 AM   #12
Sleezy81
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just wanted to give an update on this for everyone who responded to the thread. I had a guy who is an actual golf cart mechanic remove the new secondary clutch. In the just over a month that the red spring had been installed it had completely shredded the new brass bushing and was wearing the new clutch out because it was metal to metal. Stay away from that red spring at all costs !! I had to buy another new clutch, and I bought a new OEM spring, and after reinstalling the cart seems to be back to normal with power and speed. Oh yeah, also had to get another new belt; it was already shredding as well thanks to that red spring. He also said I was lucky I didn't ruin my input shaft.
Sleezy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:25 AM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yep, I've seen it many many times with the HD clutch springs. Just awful. I never recommend them unless they are from a reputable dealer like Plowman's.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g2 clutch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha