lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
bbullsj
Not Yet Wild

Default Replaced a regulator and now it won’t start

I recently fixed a charging issue on a friends gas golf cart by replacing the voltage regulator. It wasn’t charging at all and eventually killing the battery. I ran it around about 10 times to make sure it fixed the problem and was good.

I dropped it back off at my friends and a week later when he went to use it, it wouldn’t go anywhere. He assumed the battery was dead so charged it but that didn’t change anything.

I have it back now and the battery is fully charged. I get power to the control side of the solenoid and the output to the starter/generator when the pedal is depressed but it still won’t start. I checked the 1 fuse it has and it is good. It does have lights on it and when I returned it to him they worked. Now that I have it back again, theu will not work.

What could have possibly gone wrong and where should I start??
bbullsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2021, 12:27 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Replaced a regulator and now it won’t start

If you have "output to the starter/generator when the pedal is depressed" check that you have a good ground at the terminal on the end cap of the starter generator. If you have power and ground it sounds like a bad starter generator.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:45 PM   #3
bbullsj
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Replaced a regulator and now it won’t start

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
If you have "output to the starter/generator when the pedal is depressed" check that you have a good ground at the terminal on the end cap of the starter generator. If you have power and ground it sounds like a bad starter generator.
Honestly I thought checking the grounds was silly because they looked really good. I clean the cable from the starter generator to the frame and the battery ground cable to the frame and everything works great again. Thanks for the advice, sometimes we all need a jumpstart kick lol. 🤦*♂️Can’t believe it was that easy.
bbullsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car