lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2021, 07:58 PM   #21
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1983 G1 ignition and starter switch woes

i got the serail number off the chassis. For sure i have not seen another box that i would suspect to be a relay. I found another 3 prong connector this afternoon that i had not found. it was dirty and it that the yellow, blue, and a black wire. i cleaned really good. checked ohms on all three and they were really low. I also made the horn work again by touching the horn hot wire to jumper positive and the horn black wire to the chassis groung.
tennbamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2021, 07:59 PM   #22
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

i was going to clean the ground and i broke the bolt so i will need to clean and replace this bolt. everything i have checked thus far, yellow and blue wire has tested very low ohms. if im doing it right
Old 09-17-2021, 08:37 PM   #23
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennbamaman View Post
i got the serail number off the chassis. For sure i have not seen another box that i would suspect to be a relay. I found another 3 prong connector this afternoon that i had not found. it was dirty and it that the yellow, blue, and a black wire. i cleaned really good. checked ohms on all three and they were really low. I also made the horn work again by touching the horn hot wire to jumper positive and the horn black wire to the chassis groung.
You say horn, it’s an add on, is there lighting as well? Make sure all grounds go to battery negative not chassis. IIRC there’s only one chassis ground below the solenoids it’s a small wire that uses one of the fender bolts
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:55 PM   #24
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

i guess when i say horn, i mean the back up buzzer. I have no lighting. Working on the grounds and tracing wires. The bolt i broke was the one that uses the fender bolt.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:57 PM   #25
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

tracing wires and trying to measure resistivity of wires front to back as agele55 directed.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:57 AM   #26
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennbamaman View Post
Maybe the back up horn not working is some type of indicator. it worked for a bit and then quit working a few days ago as well. is it possible to test it direct as well. I called myself trying to but it did nothing. maybe because of the same problem.
Yep…this is essentially the same circuit. The same 12v from the battery simply passes through the ignition switch to buzz your buzzer.

Thinking this through… check out the attached pic. The battery voltage splits at a splice. One leg goes to the pedal, and one leg becomes the red wire to the ignition switch to power the backup buzzer. Neither leg works. This would seem to indicate your issue is between the splice and the battery. (See the blue arrow)
When you bypass your buggy wiring, the solenoid works (see green arrow). If you jump directly to the buzzer, (see pink arrow), it should work also.
You’re on this thing… just gotta find the bad connection. Again..my money is on the battery to splice section.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1DA777E9-538D-428B-83FA-7E78C990DED7.jpg (173.1 KB, 0 views)
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 01:02 PM   #27
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Going to give an update. Going to try to add some pics. First, the poor G1 i'm trying to bring back to life. I hope im attaching the pics correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0609.jpg (277.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0621.jpg (185.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-18-2021, 01:09 PM   #28
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Here is the ohm testing results on some of the wires. Im going to try to keep it simple so i do not get confused, lol. First pic is the volt meter and the setting i used for the testing.

Blue wire from solenoid to the blue at the ignition connector 0.3
Yellow wire from solenoid to the yellow at the ignition connector 0.3
black wire from solenoid to the black wire at the ignition connector 0.3 (used the black wire ending at the 4 prong connector
IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg
Old 09-18-2021, 01:13 PM   #29
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Now where i get really confused. From the output side of the spliced in 10 amp fuse, and using the measured hot at both the switch and at the pedal. I got nothing. If i read the volt meter correctly its an L
whatever it is, its the same letter symbol as it sits without touching anything.
Again both wires that test 12 volts with the fuse line connected, measures nothing at both wires when i try to test ohms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0736.jpg (235.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-18-2021, 02:47 PM   #30
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

At the pedal stop / start switch, i help meter prongs on both white and red wires coming directly from switch. With pedal depressed, the ohms measured 0.3

had positive disconnected at the amp fuse.

Also, all these were done without the ground connected to fender. I do have new bolt and will now reattach ground. Did not figure it mattered since this is just testing individual wires. (if i understand the test correctly)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0740.jpg (247.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha