lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2021, 03:38 PM   #1
dnaz777
Not Yet Wild

Default Installing 6 way fuse box for accessories (Ignition On Only)

I want to add accessories to my Gas 2011 Yamaha Drive. I bought it with some accessories already installed, they only come on when the ignition switch is in the on position. It looks like they jumped the hot wire that comes from the ignition switch to run the current accessories when in the on position. I want to add a wireless remote controlled kill switch (key fob) after the switch is turned on for security. I also want to add a 6 Way Fuse panel after the kill switch to add and clean up the current accessory wiring. I still want all the accessories to run only with the ignition switch in the on position. Do i simply run the hot wire coming from the Ignition to the Wireless Kill Switch Positive then ground the negative to the battery. Then run it to the 6 Way box and ground the box to the kill switch ground? If so what gauge wiring should I use? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
dnaz777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2021, 07:46 AM   #2
expoman55
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Installing 6 way fuse box for accessories (Ignition On Only)

While I am not an experienced golf cart guy yet. I have a lot of electrical vehicle experience.

Personally the plan for mine is similar. I am not familiar with your kill it. but I personally plan to power a relay from ignition that then powers my accessory fuse block ( and wireslless remote ) to handle the heavy amperage of accessories including lights and phone charger, sound system etc.

I actually plan to rewire the existing lighting kit and other accessories already on the cart are only powered when key is on.

PS: I use relays to handle current so you don't burn out key switch. I am considering putting a second battery on back bumper under seat specifically for just accessories ( not head lights) just to keep from killing a main battery if using the accessories a lot. Not sure how much amperage this little alternator puts out.

PS: PS: Amazon sells some cool kits and has one very cool kit with a remote console that powers your devices and it looks pretty dang cool.. its a bit over a hundo and that makes it hard to decide for it for sure
expoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha