lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2021, 07:56 PM   #1
Johnny NH
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Question 2011 CC DS w/Alltrax 400,Solenoid no click, Chugging

Challenge here...LOL, Scottyb has been helping, we tried some stuff, he suggested try you guys...Thanks in Advance to you all... Sooo my 11 CC DS 48v, NEW 2021 Crown 180ah Batts, was running great, came home, parked 10 mins, came out, No solenoid click,as it normally would, cart did chug/stutter/barely move,Fwd or Rev, same thing. Solenoid did not click on or off, even after cycling run/tow or key switch. Parked for the evening. Today,went out, got 1 solenoid click,cart moved as normal and then chug chug/stutter, within 30 seconds. As of now, solenoid No Click on/off, but cart will still 'chug' like before. I tested the small spades (SW180 Sol) + and -, pedal down, got nothing, 0.0v, NOW before you ask...Why did the cart move and chug if Mcor wires are bad?, I am obviously getting an Mcor signal, maybe not enough volts you say? ok....but just for S&G's, I checked the Large/Main posts of solenoid while I was there, I have 51v on the 'in' side and on the 'out'...pedal pressed OR up...? Also I have 51v on the Main 'out' side of the SW180, when in TOW as well !, and if i leave meter on the post i can watch it decrease slowly by.1 volt a second like it's slowly discharging a Capacitor or sumthin'? Sorry it's a long post, but i figure get the small stuff answered as best i can, up front ! Thanks Again! (Older member here, just haven't needed TRUE experts 'til now)

Last edited by Johnny NH; 09-20-2021 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: Add info
Johnny NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2021, 09:12 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 CC DS w/Alltrax 400,Solenoid no click, Chugging

The "Chuging" is what happens if the cart tries to run without the solenoid closed. You may have a solenoid going bad.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 09:33 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I tested the small spades (SW180 Sol) + and -, pedal down, got nothing,
Whenever the tow/run switch is on and the keysw is on you should have the 51v at the small terminal that is connected to the banded end of the diode. But they are both ok because it wouldn't try to run with both of those sw's off. You need to find out why you don't have voltage on that small terminal. Probably an open wire. You could also check that you have the diode on the solenoid connected correctly.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 11:00 PM   #4
Johnny NH
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I too believe it is solenoid related !!!, BUT, Again, If i get a signal to 'chug' F OR R' , then Mcor is working, No ? Don't forget, Solenoid has 48+ volts on the OUT when in tow!!! I'd love to Solve this, both driving, and in case someone else has it happen? If we can walk thru more steps, I'm willing and able. I'm told an intermittent Solenoid just won't happen. Who knows whats going on in those pins/Solenoids/Silver Super Ultra insidey stuff. My gut says Solenoid, but it'll be 3 days b4 i can get one...I'll try whatever you got...(And I'm sorry WalterM6, the cart hasn't had any wiring changes to diodes or anything else, been running FINE 2 yrs, just quit. Battts/Wires/Diodes/Res all proper. )
Old 09-20-2021, 11:17 PM   #5
Johnny NH
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Is it also possible an amazoni MCOR form the Orient is giving me fits? Only recent thing I've done, ALTHOUGH it's been fine for 4 months w/ no issues?....
Old 09-21-2021, 09:11 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You said there was 0v at the solenoid small terminals?
Black meter lead on the B- and Red lead on the Blue w/ white stripe wire at solenoid what voltage do you show? Should be same as pack voltage or close to it.
If no or low voltage on Blue/wht, check voltage on the solid Blue. Should be pack voltage.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:59 PM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny NH View Post
Is it also possible an amazoni MCOR form the Orient is giving me fits? Only recent thing I've done, ALTHOUGH it's been fine for 4 months w/ no issues?....
I'd put money on an early fail of the MCOR from China. The chugging from the throttle side of it and the intermittent solenoid from foot sw in the MCOR. You can get an original one from David @ Revolution Golf Cars (site sponsor). For testing purposes, get another one from Amazon and if that fixes the problem, leave the Chinese one in there until you get a real one from David and then return to Amazon for credit.

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:36 PM   #8
Johnny NH
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I like the 'testing and returning' option...LOL Great minds think alike. I did also order a new solenoid, which, if not needed can be used in my Golf cart heavy neighborhood. I got a buddy coming over to run the pedal for me so i can get better solid connections during testing...Trying to work the pedal and hold meter leads around 48 VDC on the tiny SW180 solenoid is a PITA...
Old 09-23-2021, 04:47 PM   #9
Johnny NH
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

So, in testing Chinesium Mcor, it tested good twice, then bad when acting up yesterday. Hence why my 1st thought was possibly solenoid. I spoke w/ David at Revolution Carts and Mcor1 to Mcor4 Conv Kit should ship tomorrow. We only got another 2 months of Carting max up here in NH before Vile Atmospheric Vomit and Arctic Temps descend upon us...Then She will rest for the winter. I tried to upload a small 180px180p pic, but file upload fails..prob my fault.Thanks for All of your Help Members. I do appreciate it ! I'll keep you updated .
Old 10-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #10
Johnny NH
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Post Re: 2011 CC DS w/Alltrax 400,Solenoid no click, Chugging

OK ?...STILL No-Go... I have replaced the Chinese MCoR with David's MCOR4 Conversion kit, I also have a NEW SW180 Solenoid. When put in 'RUN', Key 'ON' I can hear Alltrax fan cycle for 1 second, When I hit pedal, NO Solenoid Click ! , Cart will CHUG, No Solenoid Clicking, Either On/or Off as it normally would... Also, ALLTRAX Green L.E.D. is steady on...Please Help me with Testing from Step 1, Knowing Solenoid and Mcor are good,New and still having Original problem... PLEASE !!! (I can also plug in Alltrax to PC tonite, if it can help with Diagnosis)

Tags
48v to alltrax in tow?, cc solenoid no click, chugging 48v, sw180 gone crazy?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car