lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #21
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
No, 2 different engines.
I thought so.

Anyone got a crank kit for a G2...???hahahahaha
Wynelocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #22
mannyvillegas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Just saw this thread. I make my lifevery simple. I bought an EZGO/Hyundai ignitor with the 5-wire config. Two wires connect to the pulsar. The middle (black) is ground. One goes to the solenoid and the last wire goes to the ignition coil. I make my own harness. Just cost me the price of the EZGO/Hyundai ignitor and 2 yards of wire. Yamaha ignitors are kind of complicated and super expensive.
mannyvillegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #23
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

OK, so can you swap a G8A engine into a G9? Will the engine mounts line up? If so, how does it work if the gas tank and battery is on the opposite sides of the cart? How about the air cleaner? Would it still fit?
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #24
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff4mason View Post
OK, so can you swap a G8A engine into a G9? Will the engine mounts line up? If so, how does it work if the gas tank and battery is on the opposite sides of the cart? How about the air cleaner? Would it still fit?
Yes you can use a G8 engine. You will need to use the Ignition pickup and flywheel from the G9. Everything else will work just fine, the air box is also the same. Don't worry about the fuel tank and battery.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #25
socalyamahammx
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you Dave for the great info.
socalyamahammx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #26
terrynbrooke
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Swapping engines

Ok, I'm new to the cart world, just saying so I dont understand alot. Anyone have any ideas to learn more other than forums? But my question is, I have a TTR 125 and I want to pull that motor and put into a lifted golf cart. Is this possible? It is a Yamaha bike, so I would assume getting a Yamaha cart would be best, or does it not matter? Thanks
terrynbrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #27
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Swapping engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrynbrooke View Post
Ok, I'm new to the cart world, just saying so I dont understand alot. Anyone have any ideas to learn more other than forums? But my question is, I have a TTR 125 and I want to pull that motor and put into a lifted golf cart. Is this possible? It is a Yamaha bike, so I would assume getting a Yamaha cart would be best, or does it not matter? Thanks
Welcome ! I would suggest you going to the "bigblock section" , take a look at the "bike engine" build section. Many members have done what your planning and would be glad to add input to your project.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #28
edscarts
Not Yet Wild

So I'm trying to swap a g9 motor for a g14. The cart is a g9. What exactly do I need to swap? I have it in but it runs terrible. Sounds like it is out of time.
edscarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #29
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by edscarts View Post
So I'm trying to swap a g9 motor for a g14. The cart is a g9. What exactly do I need to swap? I have it in but it runs terrible. Sounds like it is out of time.
Sorry it took so long to post. You'l need to take the "rotor" /"flywheel",pick up coil,ignition coil off the G9 engine and install them on the G14 engine. Then everything should "plug In" and have correct spark timeing. Let us know what happens
Old 08-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #30
edscarts
Not Yet Wild

It worked!!! Thanks for the help. This "sticky" did wonders fo rme because I was stumped!!! Thanks again
edscarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha