lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2019, 07:46 AM   #81
1arunem
Gone Wild

Default Re: So your Yami won't turn over

I had a bad ground going to the small black wire on my solenoid. I simply ran a new wire from the ground side of the battery.
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #82
jandjglenn
Not Yet Wild

I ran a new ground from the battery negative to that side of the solenoid, still nothing?
jandjglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:20 PM   #83
griffo002
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Hi All....My old girl (G1) started to intermittently start...It was embarrassing half way thru a game of golf...She would go ok for a few holes then fail to start...No clicking before crank ...nothing...the lights worked...I would turn the key F to R...and then it would go....sometimes...It had me beat...I replaced battery, terminals as the were stuffed...To make a very long story short...There is a wire from the + terminal on the battery the feeds into the main loom,it had a 2 screw joiner halfway along...one end of the wire was just sitting in the joiner not screwed up properly...of course the power was not feeding in properly so it failed at times...Just a simple joiner caused me so much grief...So do a check of wiring and joins if this happens to you....BTW I think the cart goes better than ever...as in faster....It shouldn't but sure seems to...LOL.
Griff.
griffo002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:12 PM   #84
a4bolt
Not Yet Wild

I just picked up a g1 and there is a lot of good information in this thread. I have some issues to work through and I will be stopping back to gather more information
a4bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:59 AM   #85
Duinit
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Greetings, I am new to this site and need some help. I recently purchased a G2 and it was running fine. One day I pulled it into the garage and the next day-nothing. There is no power whatsoever, not even the reverse indicator works. The oil warning light does pop on when the key is turned just right though. There is power from the battery to the hot side of the solenoid but after that, nothing. I replaced the ignition switch to no avail. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Duinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:50 PM   #86
Shanelee78
Not Yet Wild

1995 G9. My solenoid is continuously clicking when the gas pedal is pressed but motor does not turn over. I tried jumping the bigger posts on the solenoid with a screw driver while pressing the gas pedal and still nothing. I ran a jumper cable from the battery to the starter and the starter will turn. Any suggestions?
Shanelee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #87
Owentp
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Been seeing alot of posts about carts not turning over/starting. You will need a volt meter! The starting circuit consistes of: battery/battery cables/fuse or fuses/wire harness/key switch/stop switch (at accelerator pedal)/solenoid and starter/generator. On G16's and up there is also a "stop relay". Jack up the cart or put it in neutral. I recommend cleaning the battery posts and cable ends back to clean/brite lead. Put your volt meter on the battery. Try to start the cart, battery voltage should not drop below 10 volts (cart will hesitate to start with low voltage), did you hear the solenoid click? If battery checks ok and you heard a solenoid click bypass the next steps and go to solenoid output test. Take the brake/accelrator acsess panel out, the "stop switch will have 2 wires (brown and red) disconect the brown wire, you should have battery voltage all the time, if not,battery/fuse/wireharness problem. if battery voltage present, reconect and check for battery voltage on the red wire comeing out of the stop switch. You should only have voltage when you "press" the accelrator pedal. Try it several times (you may have a intermitent stop switch). If tests good, the red wire goes to the solenoid (to "energize" it),reconect the red wire, now put your volt meter on the (small) red wire at the solenoid and push the accelerator pedal. You should have battery voltage. Check the voltage at the (small) black wire at the solenoid, you should have battery voltage at all times (if not, bad ground wire). If you have ground (black wire)and 12 volts positive (red wire) when pedal pushed, your solenoid is bad. Test solenoid output (the 2 big posts), you should have battery voltage at the post that the positive battery cable attatches to, put your meter lead on the post that goes to the starter/generator, push the pedal. You should hear the solenoid click and battery voltage should be present. If not bad solenoid, if good the starter/generator should be checked. Remember to check the negative batter cable the the starter for voltage also, there should be battery voltage reading at all times. Hope this helps anyone with a starting problem. Dave
So I have a similar problem. I was driving my Yamaha.....think it's g16....can't find serial number. I parked it for a few hours & came out later to it not starting. Was having "feathering" of the pedal to get it going. So I have taken about my stop switch, cleaned & stretched the spring & still nothing. There is voltage at the brown wire but cannot get any coming out of red line when the pedal is pushed. I also do not hear solenoid clicking. I do not have voltage at the small red & black wires either. Key ignition has power. For some reason my lights are not working either. I disconnected my solenoid from all wires & then connected a power source to the small terminals & the solenoid "clicks". I'm baffled. Any suggestions? New stop switch? Solenoid?
Owentp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #88
Ronaldo
Not Yet Wild

I'm new to the forum but have been fighting a no spark issue on my 93 g9. I went through the sticky post and got to checking the solenoid and got lost at checking the voltage on the small black wire. I thought that was a ground. Anyway, I checked voltage between the two small wires and the cart had voltage and it started! It was showing 14v when revved but when I put it in gear, it won't start. So again, I did the same thing several times and it starts in neutral but won't in gear but I have to connect my multimeter on the two smaller wires for this to happen. Would this be a bad solenoid? Not quite clear on the instructions.
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #89
Yammie Dude
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Team. I ran through all of the items suggested by Smallblock450sl (and thank you that. It is very helpful). Final step was to install a new solenoid. It starts better, but not first time every time. There is so hesitation still. I rebuilt the started/generator (brushes and cleaned it up like new). I'm thinking it may be the stop switch with some intermittent weirdness. Before I buy one, I would appreciate the further guidance of y'all.
Peace.
Yammie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:54 PM   #90
kemo
Not Yet Wild

First of all...thank you to Smallblock450sl for the information about the Yamaha Gas cart starting issues and what not. I just recently purchase a 2013 Fuel Injected Fleet cart from an individual and it was all original and still had the super tiny tires on there. The issue i was having was a delay in the starting process where things would click and then after a couple of tries with the foot pedal it would start. Before reading this sticky, i purchased a Starter/Generator and installed it with no improvements. Thats when i decided to get educated and came across this thread. After 30 seconds with my Fluke, I figured out it was the battery and went up to the local auto parts store for a replacement. While i was in there, i cleaned all of the connections as best as i could with contact cleaner and took apart the mechanism below the foot pedal and cleaned all that out as well. in the end, I could have saved myself the cost of the Starter/Generator if i had taken the time to read up. I keep telling myself it needed to be replaced anyway ;) But what i have now is a very well running cart as i have replaced the belts, plug and oil with no electrical issues after the battery change. So thanks again and im glad that i found this resource for information on these carts.
kemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha