lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2018, 11:29 AM   #21
jayp1017
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: G16 input shaft replacement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR9L_n3Vg8s
jayp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #22
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

The rest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File3.jpg (287.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg File4.jpg (296.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg File5.jpg (329.0 KB, 0 views)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:39 AM   #23
judah
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much for posting this!!

I hired a guy to look at the cart, and he removed the input shaft and it was just plain chewed up. I ordered the replacement shaft, and then the guy disappeared on me and I haven't had a chance until today to make time to try and reassemble...

I'm headed in there now. Wish me luck! :)
judah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:42 AM   #24
judah
Not Yet Wild

Well, I got everything reassembled, but my shifter sometimes doesn't "make" in forward. It seems to make in reverse consistently, but forward catches about once every 3 or 4 shift changes. The cables pull to forward or reverse, but the shift angle bar doesn't move the dog clutch over.
Unfortunately, the guy who removed my case cover didn't keep track of how many turns on the detent ball & screw, so I sort of guessed. I'm figuring that I can loosen it some and it will start to work again.

Anyone wanna share how many turns they had to turn their detent screw to see if I can use that as a starting point?

If that doesn't work, I'm going to try disconnecting the shift bar and moving the shifter back about an inch and reseating to see if it will push it more forcefully to forward (and hopefully still catch in reverse, too).

I don't think the shifter cables are bad - they push and pull just fine. It's just that the bar gets "bound up", presumably inside on the gears in the dog clutch.

Anyway, if anyone has ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2018, 06:35 AM   #25
Dave in VA

Yamaha

There's a pic in my first post that shows how much of the screw is sticking out of the case after assembly. You've got the spring between the ball and the screw, right?
Old 10-05-2018, 02:05 AM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ok, assuming detent ball is present, the normal screw setting i have seen is 4.5, occasionally 5, or rarely 5.5. if it were me, I would always default to 4.5, because that's what 90% of them are. Next, shift cables, after slipping them on the splined shaft (but before putting the cables back in place), make sure that manually moving the lever at the transmission results in same angles in forward and reverse positions. It can be installed one spline off, and still work, but poorly.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:58 PM   #27
judah
Not Yet Wild

You guys are awesome! Thank you for all your help!

I loosened the screw some, even though I was worried that it sticks out of the case, and I can shift gears just fine now! Seems to behave exactly as it is supposed to!

Then I came back here and saw that my guess pretty much matched to what you guys posted, so thank you all again!

Always great to have a friendly community to turn to!

For my next trick, I'm gonna try to install a 4" lift (because I'm too cheap to splurge on the 6" kit, and don't really want to loose any torque anyway LOL).

Thanks again and Happy Carting!
Old 11-16-2020, 03:57 PM   #28
redtide361
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I need those bearings, seals, and gaskets for the secondary clutch shaft and in side the transaxle. Any info would be great.
redtide361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:50 PM   #29
Dave in VA

Yamaha

https://shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog...TRANSMISSION_1
Old 06-21-2023, 03:40 PM   #30
tjlaka
Not Yet Wild

So print it back together. I know you have the spring and ball etc. Where should the fork be positioned with the shifter? Should it be in neutral then you can put the cables on top of the spline? Does the detent spring with ball rest in the groove of the shifter? This is my final step of putting it back together and I can't seem to get it right. Any help is greatly appreciated!
tjlaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha