lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2020, 07:43 PM   #1
Mateo82
Not Yet Wild

Default Poor running

I have a yamaha g14 36 volt. I have converted it to 48volt. I have an alltrax controller, an electronic contactor for the f and r, 3 month old batteries, 2 gauge cables for every high current connection, stock 36volt motor with new brushes. It was working great for 3 months until this weekend it would barely pull 3 people and I dropped down to 47.2 volts. I load tested all he batts and none of them dropped below 8.1. All my connections are good and tight and no corrosion. Where do I start looking next? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Mateo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:02 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Poor running

Pull motor & inspect for worn out brushes. Do it soon, because if this is the problem, every use makes the situation worse, until the motor isnt worth rebuilding.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:36 PM   #3
Mateo82
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Poor running

I have checked the brushes. They are still good shape. I swapped out batts for a new set. Not any better. I double checked all connections while the batts were out and still nothing. I hooked up my laptop to the alltrax controller to see what voltage it was seeing compared to my gauge. Everything is showing 44 volts now when under load. Could it be the controller going out? Or possibly a winding issue? Is there anyway to check the motor windings?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Mateo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha