lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
mbaubele
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 with no spark

Need some help here. I have a 1997 club car that was cutting out when it got hot, no spark. I changed the coil and the the thing seemed to run fine for a few weeks. Then all of the sudden, it quit running. It has no spark at all. I changed the RPM limiter today and it still has no spark. I checked the micro switches and everything is fine with those. I followed the instructions in the service manual and the only thing that i can come up with is the RPM limiter is supposed to be continuity between the ground wire and the Black wire. I am getting about 33 ohms of resistance. The coil seems to check out good to with regard to the specs.

I guess my question is what are the chances that a brand new OEM rev limiter could be bad right our of the box?

any suggestions are appreciated.

Very frustrated.
mbaubele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 97 with no spark

Welcome to BGW Very frustrated! (mbaubele)

Anything is possible, maybe you did get a bad limiter,
Remove the ground wire from the left mounting stud, run it and see if it quits again!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:09 PM   #3
mbaubele
Not Yet Wild

It wont spark at all. no spark with the ground on or off.

I am thinking its more the coil now since it won't spark at all. From everything i have read, it should still spark with or without the RPM limiter if the coil is good.
mbaubele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Yeah... I was just trying to eliminate the easy stuff first!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:23 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

All the RPM limiter does is ground the ignition (kills spark) when it exceeds a preset RPM's. Disconnect the ground lead and it's out of the picture. If you STILL have no spark it's the coil or the bottom microswitch in the "black box". FYI I've had several faulty new coils lately. Since I think they are almost all made by the same manufacturer (regardless of what brand they are sold under) it is something to consider.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car