lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
floorin04
Gone Wild

Default 1995 Club car ds won't Charge

1995 Club car ds standard cart

Cart wont charge.Plug charger in amp gauge kicks up 30 sec then shuts off.All wires in tack and look correct.Main box was replaced by dealer and charged batteries since then.Tried to find fuse for charger recp.but doesn't have one.Charger does work other cart and other charger does same thing.Any help would be great!!

also new batteries and i did charge them one by one they were low to the point cart wouldn't move.Cart does move just slow"they need charged"
floorin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Won't Charge

Check all the connections on the battery pack. One has to be loose or dirty and not making connection. I have had that happen a time or two and its always been a connection.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #3
floorin04
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Check all the connections on the battery pack. One has to be loose or dirty and not making connection. I have had that happen a time or two and its always been a connection.
Will dremmel wheel all conections.Anything else??
Old 09-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
Woodie1976
Gone Wild

i'm going back to when i installed high end sterios..... i'm assuming somewhat of the same deal here..... all our ends where held on with screws or clamps..... now when i had my hydrolics in my truck they where all crimped..... the lock down screws on amps would some time vibrate loose from the subs and wouldnt alow the correct power to go thru them...... so we had to check all the connections and ends on the wire to make sure it was all clean and tight..... now when it come to the hydro's in the truck the ends that connected the batterys would get loose and not let them eather charge or discharge when in use.... also there was a time when i had to replace 2 of my batterys because of bad cells and the charger just acted like they where full when both "packs" of batterys where dead.....

all all i would use a multi-meter and check all the batterys to see if there all good (even tho they are new or newer) .... also i would check all the wires with the multi-meter to make sure they are good..... and when ya hook it all back up.... make sure the connections are all clean and tight.... ahh... check fuses on the cart...... one of ours didnt want to run.... changed 2 fuse holders now she runs like a champ

good luck
Woodie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #5
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Mine will occasionally do the same thing, I usallly wiggle the charging plug a little and it will kick back up to charging and hold. It hasn't been enough of a problem for to look any further. I think it will also act like that when you already have a full charge?
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #6
floorin04
Gone Wild

Okay took all wires off and wire wheeled with dremmel.Tighten and double checked.Charger 15 amps 60 sec-90 sec and will drop down to 12 amps then shut off.Batteries have charge around 7.2 each.If you put cart in gear and run min to two and replug charger in it will do same thing again.But will not if you plug charger in and it kicks off.Will not kick on if you plug it back in w/o turning key switch.Can the recepticale that you plug charger into go bad?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

yes but your problem is the obc
IAMCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
floorin04
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCOOL View Post
yes but your problem is the obc
dealer just put new one in.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:39 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Reset the OBC and try charging again.

OBC reset
1.Remove the positive and negative cables from the pack
2. Place the F/R switch in reverse
3. Slowly press the pedal down and hold it for a minute or so. Reverse buzzer should sound until all the power has dissipated from the OBC

Thats "supposed" to reset the OBC.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #10
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Reset the OBC and try charging again.

OBC reset
1.Remove the positive and negative cables from the pack
2. Place the F/R switch in reverse
3. Slowly press the pedal down and hold it for a minute or so. Reverse buzzer should sound until all the power has dissipated from the OBC

Thats "supposed" to reset the OBC.
huh... sounds like somethin' I want to do with the wifes cart... (for "s#!ts and giggles")...

first I've heard of that!!!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car