lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
jordanslayden
Not Yet Wild

Default Wanting info on 24hp into ez go txt

I'm wanting to go with a 24hp Honda in my 02 txt. I currently have it lifted 4 inches and big tires, who makes the best kits for this? Do I keep the stock rear end? What clutch do I use? Also do I need to go with independent susp. All around, the stock front end doesn't seem like it would be too safe at high speeds? Is there anything else I need to know- this is my first swap. I can fab. Lots of stuff to if need be. Any help or suggestions would be awsome.
jordanslayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
EZGO GUY
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wanting info on 24hp into ez go txt

heres one kit: http://www.strechplastics.com/Honda%20Motor%20Kit.htm Yes the stock rear end is fine. A kit will come with usually come with a clutch. No you can keep your stock suspension, just make sure it is lifted enough. If you want you could get a jakes drop axle for the front if you don't trust it, but it depends on how you have the front lifted. If you buy a engine upgrade kit the you shouldn't have to fab anything, you just need a couple of hours to install everything and then some time to fine tune everything.
You could also buy a kit from Tom at CPP, I think the Vanguard kits are cheaper: http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...kit-23-hp.html This is also a great kit and there is more aftermarket parts for the vanguards.

Chris
EZGO GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
overthebarss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ALOT of people are using tom's kit from cartpartsplus.com fi you have the $ thats the way to go, I havent heard a single bad word about tom or the kit he puts together. I have the 24 honda in my ezgo, didnt go with a kit, pieced it together. it kinda just happened, BUT!!!! if I had to do it again I would definately do a kit! I still do not have the bugs worked out, and am still tweeking. call tom and forget about it!
overthebarss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
jordanslayden
Not Yet Wild

ok, i think im gonna go with the 23hp vanny with the cam and rev kit, i cant remember if i put a 3 or 4 inch lift on it,will i have clerance problems if it is a 3inch?if so i was thinking of going ind. on the front and lifting it 6 0r 8inches .if i do this is this gonna change how i install my big block? will it be easier to do it all at same time? thanks guys!
jordanslayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
overthebarss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

not sure on 3'' I have the jakes long travel kit. comes with blocks for the rear.(after fipping axle under leaf springs. the kit from cpp comes with a craddle that is adjustable in the front, so you can adjust the drop point @ the frame mount. just my opinion.......but with the motor swap your ride will benefit greatly with a long travel, from jakes, allsport or strech. dont know if a drop axle on the front would hold up? call tom he has allsport and strech kits.
overthebarss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!