lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Double R
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Radio

I tried to search a install in the dash but to no avail. Is there a step by step to put one in the dash of a txt? Will it fit exactly where the ball holder is? Thanks! Pics would be great
Double R is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio

It will not just fall in, but yes it will fit width wise just fine, just use a dremel with a cutting bit, and take your time and dont take to much material away, I have also seen guys cut a larger hole there, and then mount the head unit to another piece of plastic and then screw that piece of plastic over the the old ball holder hole, or over the driverside glove box, But on a budget radio install with no (aftermarket dash with doors) I would normally mount the Head unit where the warning label is on dash above cup holders, I found it eaiser to install there instead of trying to cut up the ball holder thingy.
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhfear View Post
It will not just fall in, but yes it will fit width wise just fine, just use a dremel with a cutting bit, and take your time and dont take to much material away, I have also seen guys cut a larger hole there, and then mount the head unit to another piece of plastic and then screw that piece of plastic over the the old ball holder hole, or over the driverside glove box, But on a budget radio install with no (aftermarket dash with doors) I would normally mount the Head unit where the warning label is on dash above cup holders, I found it eaiser to install there instead of trying to cut up the ball holder thingy.
And you will want to remove the front cowl. It'll make the entire job much easier even with removal and re-instalation of the cowl
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

It makes it easier to wire/cut but you dont have to, I have done it several times with the cowl on.
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Double R
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Where did some of you guys put the speakers? I was thinking of firing them down from under the cup holders on the slanted plastic.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #6
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I have the ST cowl on mine so, I have additional clearance on the back side of the glove boxes. This is where I put mine to keep them out of the way.

On my Yamaha, I put the here,

Bh is correct, you can do the install without removing the cowl. I found it much easier to remove the cowl to do it because I had no idea what was back there. So, start to finish, I think I saved a significant amount of time.

Good luck!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
Double R
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Great idea! Did you drill out the rivets and get new ones for the cowl?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R View Post
Great idea! Did you drill out the rivets and get new ones for the cowl?
Yes, it was exceptionally easy

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...ody-paint.html
Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
Double R
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I see where you are pulling the body for paint. That was the main reason I was thinking about pulling it off for the radio install. I was going to paint this rig. I bought it last night and already tearing things up! Man this is addictive!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #10
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R View Post
I see where you are pulling the body for paint. That was the main reason I was thinking about pulling it off for the radio install. I was going to paint this rig. I bought it last night and already tearing things up! Man this is addictive!!!!!!!!!!!
Careful!! We still dont have any 12 step programs (that we know of)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!