lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
ekgguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear Axle disassembly???

Does anyone have any information on how to disassemble the rear end and remove the motor on an 89 Marathon electric? While mine is out being painted, I want to clean it up and paint it.

I have done a few searches and cannot seem to find a thread that has a step by step removal process and what to look for when I take it apart.
ekgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear Axle disassembly???

if you want pull the motor, disconnect one your main batt. cables. then label and take off the cables on the motor. be sure to use a thin wrench on the lower nut so it will not turn. then just remove the three bolts that hold the motor on. with luck it will come off. some times they need a little help. go to the ez gas forum and at the top is "gas tech". in there is your parts manual, usually under bennett.com. it will be ez-go pn 24566-g1.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Rear Axle disassembly???

Take motor cables loose and tag them. Jack up rear and take passenger side wheel off. Take 7/16" socket with long extension and take the three bolts out holding motor in place. Now for the fun part & heavy part. I use a old belt to wrap around the motor. If you can get the motor sheet metal off on top of the cart then just work the motor off the input shaft and it's lifted up and out.
If you have to work from under the cart then just remember it weights around 40lbs. Watch the fingers on the axile. You may need to take the bottom nut off the drivers side shock and swing it out of the way depending on the motor size.
For the axile if you plan to take it out all the way leave the motor attached until you get it out from under the cart.
Put rear frame on jacks. jack rear end up and take shocks loose and then shackles loose slide whole thing out and start taking it apart.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
ekgguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear Axle disassembly???

Thanks Andy...
ekgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO