lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Default Help choosing a controler for 2003 DS IQ

Need some advice choosing a replacement controller for my 2003 Club Car DS IQ cart. I current have the stock Curtis 1510-5201 250 amp controller in the cart with a Plum Quick Bandit motor (which of course removed regen).

Looking for a little more speed. I can run around 21-23 on flat ground right now. I would like get another 2-5 out of the cart. I always ride on paved streets, never off road, mild hills at best. 10" low profile tires. It's not raised at this time but at some point down the road I may go with a 3" lift just for looks.

I am going to replace all my cables with 4# when I replace the controller. Batteries are brand new Trojans.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? What else do I need to consider when I do this as well? I see some mention replacing the solenoids and F/R switch as well, is this a requirement? Also see Alltrax, Flight Systems, and GE mentioned often but I don't know the advantages/disadvantages over one brand.

Thanks in advance.
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Help choosing a controler for 2003 DS IQ

talk with scottyb here on the site......he,ll fix you up........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

PQ suggests a 500 FSIP with regen removed for that cart/motor combination. You will need to change out the solenoid and cables and the F&R to avoid any heat generating resistance from bottlenecking the amperage flow any where
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Is there a need to uprade the F-N-R rocker switch on the IQ'S?

I have not seen an alternative for these anywhere.
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No need to upgrade the switch that I am aware of. The directional switching is handled by the controller
Old 06-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Thanks, that's what I thought.
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
TheAspec
Gone Wild

I am confused, what is the F&R ScottyB mentioned if you don't have to replace the F-N-R switch?

And should I go with a programmable or non-programmable controller? PQ shows on the web site a 500 amp controller, no mention of brand for 595 while ScottyB has a 400 amp Alltrax kit for Club Car DS for 542. Not trying to compare price just trying to understand the differences.

Thanks!
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your cart is a CC IQ you need to look for parts specifically for the CC IQ. You do not 'need' a programmable controller. 90% (or more) of all programmable controllers are run on factory default settings. You pay extra for programming hardware you probably won't use. I have a 500 amp control for your cart for as little as $1 an amp but, you will need a solenoid kit and some cables too to get the most out of your investment.

I hope this helps
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car