lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
JoseGaspar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Ez-go vs. Club car

So the wife just gave me the ok to upgrade from my current cart...a 1990 club car DS. I have budget of $6,000.00. My dream ride would be an ezgo st express, but I havent found anything used in my price range. Is there much difference in an ez-go vs. Club car in terms of performance or reliability? If you had six grand to spend on a cart, what would you get? I want only electric, but I want a lift kit, tires and it must have lights, turn signals and horn. The city I live in is opening up all streets with a posted speeded limit of 35mph or lower to golf carts and I want to have a bad a$$ ride.

Thanks in advance for your replies

JG
JoseGaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez-go vs. Club car

do you want a 2 passenger, 4 passenger, 6 passenger, 8 passenger?

I actually have a pair of really really nice 6 passenger Club Cars that you might enjoy tweaking out and I don't think we are too far apart.... Maybe an hour or 2 at most.

I know I could get you the cart, lift and rims/tires and definately be under budget.... I would have to check for sure tomorrow if they have turn signals on them but I do know they have head and tail lights as well as 4 wheel drum brakes. Let me know if you want some pics of them and I will take a couple tomorrow.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Jose,that is good to know.I don't live in Dunedin,but I am only about 3 blocks south of union st.(the border) ,I never had any problem taking the kids for ice cream or anything in downtown Dunedin yet.We might have to get a group for a ride some time.
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
JoseGaspar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxp-rider View Post
Hey Jose,that is good to know.I don't live in Dunedin,but I am only about 3 blocks south of union st.(the border) ,I never had any problem taking the kids for ice cream or anything in downtown Dunedin yet.We might have to get a group for a ride some time.
The new rule goes into effect July 1. The city will be split into two sectors (north and south) with main street/580 as the dividing line. I am in the north sector which doesn't allow me to get to downtown, but I have a source that tells me a crossing point @ 580 is in the works in the future.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
JoseGaspar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
do you want a 2 passenger, 4 passenger, 6 passenger, 8 passenger?

I actually have a pair of really really nice 6 passenger Club Cars that you might enjoy tweaking out and I don't think we are too far apart.... Maybe an hour or 2 at most.

I know I could get you the cart, lift and rims/tires and definately be under budget.... I would have to check for sure tomorrow if they have turn signals on them but I do know they have head and tail lights as well as 4 wheel drum brakes. Let me know if you want some pics of them and I will take a couple tomorrow.....
The st express is my dream, but would settle for a 4 pax. Would love to see some pics
Old 06-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't have any 4 Pax ready at the moment but here are some pix of the 6 Passengers I was talking about (they could be made into 8 Pass or even add a bed to the rear).

I love the frame under thise cart... Factory setup with 4 I-Beams and 4 wheel drum brakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0609.jpg (220.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0610.jpg (178.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0611.jpg (207.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0612.jpg (189.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0608.jpg (196.1 KB, 12 views)
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO