lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Audio System Install (have any experience with this?)

I've been looking for a low cost audio option. Not so much for driving with tunes, but frequently the cart turns into something that's just around...having audio would be cool.

I don't really want the electronics and cost of a headunit...everything is on my phone and ipod these days anyway.

Check this gadget out: http://www.pyleaudio.com/el.asp?model=PLMRKT2A

Seems like a perfect compliment to a cart. The speakers will fit in the seat facing the pedals and everything will attach under the seat. Maybe I'll get the battery tray to lay things on.

Have any experience with this product? Any others like it?
Cart54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Audio System Install (have any experience with this?)

I have experience with this one:

http://www.hodgesmarine.com/POLY-PLA...lmp3-kit-a.htm

Mounted the amp under the fuse block on the drivers side of cart and the speakers under the cup holder. (didn't want to cut the cart body). The included wires are not long enough to reach the dash so had to get extensions (few bucks at radio shack). Added a marine grade off/on switch in line with the power wire and put the switch, mp3 jack and volume control in the dash. I run it off a separate 12v battery. Been in the cart about a year now. Sounds good but if your looking for window rattling bass your probably going to need more power.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Whiskey11
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Subscribed!!!! Im in the market for some tunes for the cart. I like the iphone/ipod option
Whiskey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can stream your music,or build a Pandora radio station, or add a subscription to Sirius XM on the phone and you got all the tunes you need.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I have experience with this one:

http://www.hodgesmarine.com/POLY-PLA...lmp3-kit-a.htm

Mounted the amp under the fuse block on the drivers side of cart and the speakers under the cup holder. (didn't want to cut the cart body). The included wires are not long enough to reach the dash so had to get extensions (few bucks at radio shack). Added a marine grade off/on switch in line with the power wire and put the switch, mp3 jack and volume control in the dash. I run it off a separate 12v battery. Been in the cart about a year now. Sounds good but if your looking for window rattling bass your probably going to need more power.
Very similar to the Pyle unit except double the cost. I can't talk to sound quality but you usually get what you pay for. I'm hoping to get 6.5" speakers as I plan to use the underseat.

If you mount under the upholder does the cone hang under the cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
You can stream your music,or build a Pandora radio station, or add a subscription to Sirius XM on the phone and you got all the tunes you need.
Right! Head units are so last decade.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was thinking about getting that pyle set up how many watts is the amp?
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #7
Cart54
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I saw a review that found it to be 24w per channel @ 4 ohms. Pyle says 200w but that's peak and not a valid reading.

I have an old RF Punch100 amp...wonder if I just use that for now and get some marine speakers.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I mounted the speakers on the underside of the cup holder facing down, so no the cones do not hang out under the cart.
Try searching the forum if you haven't already. There are many ways to put sound on the carts. People here are very clever.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've owned two pyle marine head units, both went bad in only a few months, never again for me. It's a cool set up, I'm just over dealing with Pyle.

I'm old school I guess, i still like to listen to the radio. I went with the head unit in the ball holder.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you could also just get a amp and speakers walmart sells a plug set up with two rca jacks to 1 side and a 3.5 millimeter jack on the other side you can use your phone or ipod 4 volume control just a thought to consider....
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO