lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 36/48v solenoid ???

Ok here goes it, is there a solenoid that will work on both 36v and 48v. I was out on the golf cart today and when I got back, lifted the seat up and the old solenoid was fried on the battery side and melting the 4ga wire hot..... I want to do a 48v upgrade soon but not this soon, should I just get a cheap 36v solenoid to last me a few months then buy a 48v when I am ready to go 48v, or is there a solenoid that will run 36 or 48v . ?????
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36/48v solenoid ???

well you can run a HD 36v solenoid for now and then when you upgrade to 48v just wire the activation circuit for the solenoid off 36v..... I do that alot on E-Z-GO's
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
well you can run a HD 36v solenoid for now and then when you upgrade to 48v just wire the activation circuit for the solenoid off 36v..... I do that alot on E-Z-GO's
how would I wire the activation circuit 36v....

move the black wire that hooks with neg off of battery pack upstream 2 batteries????
Old 08-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

no, if you are still runnning the activation circuit through the "reed switch" then you bypass this by disconnecting the red sheilded spade connector and tapping off the positive of the front battery on the drivers side and hooking it to the red wire you just disconnected that runs to the F&R micro.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

do a search for zo6 goes 48. gorno explains it with pics.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
no, if you are still runnning the activation circuit through the "reed switch" then you bypass this by disconnecting the red sheilded spade connector and tapping off the positive of the front battery on the drivers side and hooking it to the red wire you just disconnected that runs to the F&R micro.
ok so the 12gauge red wire that goes from the charger port to the micro switch on the F/R switch gets disconnected from the charge port and directly connected to 36v power. that sound correct???? (just dumbing it down a little for myself) looks like that red wire goes in to the micro switch then out to the key, the i t s throttle box and back to the solenoid to give 36v power to the activation circuit
Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have a solenoid that does both voltages... It is a Superduty 400 amp solenoid that will operate reliably down to 28v and up to 60v Silver oxide contacts.... what more could a guy want...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
do a search for zo6 goes 48. gorno explains it with pics.
Saw that the other day just looked at it again. now its sinking in. he is useing a separate 12v charger so he moved the whole charger port back to 36v and rabbit is going after the charge port so you can use a 48v charger
Old 08-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestfarmtn View Post
ok so the 12gauge red wire that goes from the charger port to the micro switch on the F/R switch gets disconnected from the charge port and directly connected to 36v power. that sound correct???? (just dumbing it down a little for myself) looks like that red wire goes in to the micro switch then out to the key, the i t s throttle box and back to the solenoid to give 36v power to the activation circuit
yup, that's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I have a solenoid that does both voltages... It is a Superduty 400 amp solenoid that will operate reliably down to 28v and up to 60v Silver oxide contacts.... what more could a guy want...
Is that the one I think it is?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
you probably told me that the other day didn't you
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO