lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
TEAMBAJA
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Some Ideas and Advice For Making An Electric EZ GO Faster For Street Use

Hello, Ive been absent from the board for quite awhile but Im still alive and busy. I recently put together a cart for a local drive thru for street use and they want it to be faster. It seems like new products and upgrades are becoming available for our carts often. I was wondering what you guys would recommend for street use. I had alot of nights working on this cart till 1 am or so, but its been a real attention getter!

Here are some details and pictures of the cart.

2006 Electric EZ GO TXT
Brand New Interstate Batteries and new cables
12" Wheels
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04847 (Large).JPG (113.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04846 (Large).JPG (114.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04848 (Large).JPG (108.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04853 (Large).JPG (124.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04851 (Large).JPG (110.6 KB, 31 views)
TEAMBAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Need Some Ideas and Advice For Making An Electric EZ GO Faster For Street Use

Great looking cart! I think you found the seats that would look good on MY cart! Someday.......

Is the cart a Series drivetrain or a PDS?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need Some Ideas and Advice For Making An Electric EZ GO Faster For Street Use

like G-man said, GREAT LOOKING CART ! Nice work !
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #4
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Gorno those seats without the red and the corvette flags stitched into them would look killer on your cart!!
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
TEAMBAJA
Not Yet Wild

I thought my thread got deleted. This was already on page 2 after just posting last evening. I didnt realize this section was rockin.

Thanks for the compliments. The flags are just part of their logo. XT-Innovations did the seats.

gornoman, its not a PDS.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
TEAMBAJA
Not Yet Wild

Wow, no advice here?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

motor upgrades from plumquick are the best way to go for speed. also a controller upgrade and solenoid upgrade would make it quicker. talk to scottyb. he will tell you what controller upgrades would be best for your cart
jonnymoon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:12 AM   #8
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks to be a series cart BTW. Ditto above. PlumQuick Motor and new controller setup.

Very Nice Cart. Yeah with that Paint job it needs to be quick now.....hahahahaha
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Nice looking cart......

Speed is a little harder to get in a series cart. They are made more for torque than speed. It can be done and they are very durable at it but it takes a bit more doing than a sepex cart for speed. You will need to upgrade the controller, solenoid, Cables, and F&R. Then you will be ready for speed mods like any one or a combination of the things below:

Speed motor (higher revving motor) Like the PQ Assassin
Taller gears and/or taller tires
A voltage increase is a good way to go too. An increase from 36 to 48v will increase speed and torque by up to 30% depending upon the condition of your motor & cart
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
TEAMBAJA
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Nice looking cart......

Speed is a little harder to get in a series cart. They are made more for torque than speed. It can be done and they are very durable at it but it takes a bit more doing than a sepex cart for speed. You will need to upgrade the controller, solenoid, Cables, and F&R. Then you will be ready for speed mods like any one or a combination of the things below:

Speed motor (higher revving motor) Like the PQ Assassin
Taller gears and/or taller tires
A voltage increase is a good way to go too. An increase from 36 to 48v will increase speed and torque by up to 30% depending upon the condition of your motor & cart
Thanks for the response! I was checking out your site. Would you recommend one of those kits for this particular cart (and roughly what would the gain be)? It has the back seat as you can see, and I put the 4-leaf springs under it. The wheels are 12" and it will be used and is currently being used on the street (its been inspected and is street legal). This is basically the first street legal cart Ive done, and I think it turned out well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO