lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
buggysean
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo 92 marathon w/ curtis 1204 wont move what do i check first, order of eliminatin?

update - i said curtis 1204 b/c thats what i saw i adiagram yesterday, but i saw this here http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...=100013&Page=1 copy and paste that it says "solid state speed controller" any way i have exactly whats in this diagram...
. Plz help...i have been reading, you guys know your stuff...
i am a cart rookie and need knowledgable help bad...i bought an ez go 3 wheel model that works...and I bought a ez go marathon 92 that is a 4 wheeler. with hopes of gettin the marathon going and using the 3 wheeler as parts(mainly for the batterys...) I say marathon b/c the serial number plate was under the glove box not in it... (a site said that meant marathon) last 2 digits on plate is 92(site said last 2 were year of cart)...
so I took the batterys out of the 3 wheel model and put them in the 4 wheeler... it wont move...all the wired are exactly like the diagram in link above... so i am taking it the 4 wheeler has a bad part??? please tell me what to check first, how, where, then order of elimination after that...
if i can figure out whats broken, i can replace it....
i am mechanically inclined, have a tester, tools, just need some GUIDANCE... i have never been around carts but am a quick learner if someone has a minute to help me.

thanks ahead of time

Last edited by buggysean; 08-12-2011 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: found new info
buggysean is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo 92 marathon w/ curtis 1204 wont move what do i check first, order of elimina

Does the solenoid click when you press the gas? If not, check the solenoid activation circuit.

A quick overview of the solenoid is :
The solenoid is a HD on/off switch or Contactor
The connection is made /broken between the 2 large terminals. The 2 small terminals are the activation circuit. Typically one terminal will have a constant negative connection to the pack or controller B-. When Positive power is applied to the second small terminal the contact is drawn up against the spring to make contact. When power from either side of the activation circuit is removed then contact is released and the spring pushes it away interrupting the circuit ...It doesn't matter which small terminal is neg or pos on the activation circuit so long as you have both present the solenoid should click closed....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
buggysean
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ezgo 92 marathon w/ curtis 1204 wont move what do i check first, order of elimina

thank you for responding ...
i do here a clicking when i press the pedal down. i cant tell if its the silinoid clicking or the little springy thing on the drivers side of the silinoid clicking...sorry i looked on the diagram http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...=100013&Page=1
and cant find a name....whatever that is,, does it click too?
Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Micro switch?

By the way that was a TD diagram you linked me to? IF it's an ezgo use this diagram from the stickies above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo marathon controller cart.jpg (86.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
buggysean
Not Yet Wild

yeah thats the diagram I have....
ms 3 above it. taking it ms stands for microswitch... yeah thats what im talking about...
Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
buggysean
Not Yet Wild

does that click or am i hearing the silinoid click? my head is tooo big to fit in there to be positive... but if the micro switch doesnt clik then i can say its the silinoid...
Old 08-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

remove the seat, put the cart on jacks and get your ear closer while you operate the gas by hand...kneeling next to the cart

Re read the solenoid activation circuit above ~ The MS feeds the solenoid ~ You are going to need a DVM to find out what is working and what is not..... just because something clicks does not automatically mean it is working properly. Test for voltage in and out on a switch and the solenoid

Tags
battery, charger, dead, tester, wires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO