lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default diode????

ok so put new resistor and diode on and no the solenoid won't activate. I know it is directional and I put it on the same as the one i took off so what huh?? what side does the line on the diode go to on the solenoid???? I saw it somewhere before but now I search and search and find nothing
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: diode????

Sometimes it is easier for testing to leave the resistor & diode off until you get the cart to run. Then put them on to protect the controller and solenoid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor-&-Diode-instruction-web.jpg (85.3 KB, 31 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I get 36.8 volts comming to the solenoid from the red wire when the pedal is pushed but when the wre is hooked to the solenoid I get like .1 or .2 volts?????
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Sometimes it is easier for testing to leave the resistor & diode off until you get the cart to run. Then put them on to protect the controller and solenoid
Spill Chick......
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
Spill Chick......
well that sure is a helpful post. how does that tie in to the solenoid???
Old 08-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

so I removed the all the wires to the solenoid then jumped voltage directly from the battery pack and the solenoid engages. hooked it all back up, same deal the red wire that comes from the throttle box micro has voltage when disconnected from solenoid but when connected no voltage... opened up throttle box and green wire to micro has voltage and losses voltage when micro is engaged all wires hooked up..... ?????? any ideas took micro switch out and jumped green to red wire nothing?????
Old 08-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Continuity test on red and green wire?

Don't worry 'bout PG he loves old jokes.
PG I actually fixed after I saw it again so next time .... 'protect' is cerrect
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

dark out now so I will work on it tomorrow. I was getting about 38.1 volts from the pack and about 36.8 from the red wire when disconnected from the solenoid. tomorrow I will test the red and green individually and see what I get. seems im loosing a volt somewhere in the wireing

no hard feelings PG. old jokes aren't that great when your frustrated trying to figure out wiring and it should work but it doesn't and you have no clue why. Going over and over your work checking rechecking , rereckecking and so on, hope all was spilld ta yer lickin'
Old 08-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Txt solenoid activation
power starts on the white wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire. ( check for power here, 1st!)
the red wire travels back through the loom to the forward and reverse switch where it attaches to a micro.
The other side of that micro has a blue wire attached that runs under the cart to the front and arrives at the keyswitch.
The keyswitch then transfers power to a green wire which returns to the area of the forward and reverse switch.
The power then goes through a 4 pin molex connector and travels to the "pedal box" (located under the floorboard of the car) where it goes through a micro and comes out on another red wire.
That red wire comes back up to the controller/f&r area where it once again goes through the 4 pin molex connector and continues on to the small post of the solenoid.
Follow the path to find where the voltage is dropping out...... I swear we just had another case like this on the forums last week.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Follow the path to find where the voltage is dropping out...... I swear we just had another case like this on the forums last week.....
will do. do you think it is getting fool voltage until a load is placed upon it,(shouldn't be a load hooked to the solenoid with no diode?) than it drops out somewhere along the line I just need to find where it drops out?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO