lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
teamkillzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default just got this charger

when i bought my buggy i had 3 deep cycle batteries in it.. they didnt last long on a charge so i installed 6 golf cart batteries in it and i been looking for a charger for a while,

its a 36v buggy just making sure this is the right one
teamkillzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: just got this charger

That works!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
GreshamCA
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

That's what I have but it's painted John Deere green.
GreshamCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
teamkillzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool, so I just turn the dial to how many hours I want it to charge correct...

How long should I be charging?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #5
teamkillzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok so i had this charger hooked up last night.. i didnt know how long to charge it so i put it on 6 hrs.. took the buggy for a ride this morning before i left for work and it climbed a hill pretty decent but voltage dropped to like 29v while under a load.. is that normal? when not under load on flat or downhill its about 36-38v
Old 08-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
rib33024

I have the same charger, I plug in the charger to electric outlet, plug it in to the cart, and turn the dial to -- ( start ) and let it do it's job it will shut off in about 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 hours on it own, it can take up to 14 to 16 hours depending on how low your batteries are, never stop the charger, let it go untill it stops by it's self. make sure all the batteries have distilled water in them, about a half inch above the plates
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamkillzone View Post
ok so i had this charger hooked up last night.. i didnt know how long to charge it so i put it on 6 hrs.. took the buggy for a ride this morning before i left for work and it climbed a hill pretty decent but voltage dropped to like 29v while under a load.. is that normal? when not under load on flat or downhill its about 36-38v
do the same hill test, but put the meter on 1 battery at a time..... sounds like at least 1 or 2 are bad in the pack.

As for the charger, put it on 11 hours, if the cart needs less charge time, the relay will shut off voltage to the transformer when the pack is fully charged.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
teamkillzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
do the same hill test, but put the meter on 1 battery at a time..... sounds like at least 1 or 2 are bad in the pack.

As for the charger, put it on 11 hours, if the cart needs less charge time, the relay will shut off voltage to the transformer when the pack is fully charged.
o ok good to know.. thanks

and also, the batteries are brand new..
Old 08-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

New batteries are not 100% until they are broken in.... 29 is too low.... set the charger for max and let it go... drive a little and repeat.....they should get stronger over then next 20 charge cycles
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #10
teamkillzone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
New batteries are not 100% until they are broken in.... 29 is too low.... set the charger for max and let it go... drive a little and repeat.....they should get stronger over then next 20 charge cycles
o wow.. 20 charge cycles.. gez.. i didnt know that.. lol ok ill set the charger on 12 and let it go after i take it for a nice ride today.. climbing a few grades will drain it down a good bit i think..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO