lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
segdoh49
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Opinions are like as*h*les

Well,long story short I just returned from a local ez-go cart dealer, looking for help on a 1990 PCX-954 that I posted about earlier yesterday. I was told that we would be wasting our money trying to get this cart running. I am projecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 2k (charger, battries, controller, solenoid. and a few minor items)
I was told that we would be wasteing our money because these 9 series carts are MD'd and parts are almost non existent (mostly body parts and running gear). So I guess what I'm asking for are more opinions. What is the consenses for these old 9 Series carts. I know there are a few out there 'cause I've seen some of you guys avatars showing them. IS IT WORTH IT ????fixing it up...
segdoh49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Opinions are like as*h*les

IMO stinky as it may be, if you are going to do the work yourself then go for it. If you are going to drop it off at a shop and pay them to fix it up, maybe you need to look for another cart
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
segdoh49
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorKicker View Post
IMO stinky as it may be, if you are going to do the work yourself then go for it. If you are going to drop it off at a shop and pay them to fix it up, maybe you need to look for another cart
Surely will do the work ourselves, the approx. 2k would just be for parts as mentioned.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well I guess when you consider that you can buy a RUNNING and in good shape 07-08 cart for around $1800 maybe they are right. I re-read your original post and realized that 2k is just to get it back running. No mods included. Maybe you would be better off with a newer cart ????? But like I said my opinion is way stinky...... Very new to all this stuff.
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
segdoh49
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorKicker View Post
well I guess when you consider that you can buy a RUNNING and in good shape 07-08 cart for around $1800 maybe they are right. I re-read your original post and realized that 2k is just to get it back running. No mods included. Maybe you would be better off with a newer cart ????? But like I said my opinion is way stinky...... Very new to all this stuff.
So am I. That's why I'm asking for opinions..I have a 1966 Mustang Conv. and I know that is worth fixing (if it needed it) I know just a little bit more about cars than I do about carts..Ha !
Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

2 ways to look at by my point of view. sounds like you have a shell to work with and do all the mods you want, you may end up spending what you would on a new cart but it will be spent on the mods you want. you CAN polish a turd. see what the more experienced posters have to say

batteries 1000
controller 500
motor 500
wires 250
switches 250

my estimations may not be accurate but to me 2500 seems reasonable to get it going after that shocks, springs, steering, tires, ect. what kinda shape is it in??? is it safe if it did move???? or is it unsafe to operate if you did get it going
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20090503-gop-polished-turd.jpg (19.0 KB, 10 views)
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
segdoh49
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestfarmtn View Post
2 ways to look at by my point of view. sounds like you have a shell to work with and do all the mods you want, you may end up spending what you would on a new cart but it will be spent on the mods you want. you CAN polish a turd. see what the more experienced posters have to say

batteries 1000
controller 500
motor 500
wires 250
switches 250

my estimations may not be accurate but to me 2500 seems reasonable to get it going after that shocks, springs, steering, tires, ect. what kinda shape is it in??? is it safe if it did move???? or is it unsafe to operate if you did get it going
Pretty close on the estimate farmer. Don't need the motor, most of the wires are there, haven't checked all the switches yet, but the microsw. clicks that's somewhat promising, probably need to check that 0-5k thing-a-majiggle. So your're really close. still need a charger. It seems pretty save, we pushed it around and the brakes work and there is no clunking or slop in the spindles, we waxed her up last weekend and inhibited most of the rust.
I'll post some pics later when I get home should I get time. Thanks for your input....Later
Old 08-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You want a motor you just don't know it yet
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your cart, your money, your time- do as YOU please! Back in 1986 I bought the remains of a rotten, pieced and parted out 69 Charger. I couldn't even tell you how much money I have dumped into that pile over the years and presently it is barely self mobile. I'm guessing I could have bought 3 or 4 other running projects for what I have in it, but I like the one I have. Fix the cart if you like it and tell anyone who doesn't to take a long walk off a short cliff.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

All good replies. It comes to the point, what money are you willing to throw at this build. Many times I have told customers with old Harley-Davidson cars...there just boat anchors, don't waste your money. There responses have been for "thank you for your honesty" to "scr*w you". Yes opinions are like..... but when you ask for advice, don't let emotions for the project get the better of the situation. What ever you decide, have fun with it.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO