lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
slimmer455
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default ezgo headlight tailight wiring diagram

Hello all I was wondering if anyone has a headlight taillight wiring diagram for a 02 ezgo workhorse electric 48 volt.All my lights suddenly stopped working.I'm hoping its a simple as a loose ground.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks
slimmer455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Re: ezgo headlight tailight wiring diagram

Check the connections. I am not sure if the workhorse is different, but on the TXT there is a 60 amp fuse on the battery, and a fuse block on the drivers side rear splash guard with 15 amp fuses. Check those three things first.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Oh, forgot. If you need the diagram it is in the stickies at the top of the page.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
slimmer455
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: ezgo headlight tailight wiring diagram

Yes mine has the same fuses that you describe, I'm going to check them first.Thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
slimmer455
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I checked all fuses 3 of them 2 on one side 1 on the other they all were 15 amp.all were good.Found a broken connector on my last battery replaced and i got my rear lights and brake lights but still no headlights.since rear lights are coming on i think the switch is good.where do you think the headlights are getting power,could both headlights have burnt out?I guess start probing wires with a test light.any suggestions? Thanks oh the wiring diagram didnt show any wires for headlights.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #6
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Go to http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Per...ctric-TXT.html and then go to installation instructions, page 6 has the wiring, check the entire line from the fuse block to the lights for a bad connection. The diagram show the path of the wires on the cart.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
slimmer455
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for the link.I still have no headlights and no horn. and i checked the horn button.It had bad corrosion and what looked like a bad connection.replaced the connector.still no horn or headlights. do you think its possible that the horn button is bad and that this may affect the headlights?do the headlights and horn run off 12 volts.thanks again.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

It runs on 12v, and check the wiring all the way from the fuse box to the lights, horn, etc.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #9
slimmer455
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

hey how did you make out with that hurricane?I havent had time to fool with it much.Im going to work on it this weekend.Did a couple more tests.Ive got power on all the wires at the fuse box.Just for the heck of it on the switch i swapped the 2 blue wires thinking one might be for taillights and one for headlights.thinking part of the switch was bad.still no headlights.i havent checked the bulbs yet duh,pain in the *** to take out. Ill keep you updated.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #10
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

One of the first things I do with elec. issues after checking the fuses is to check for power at the unit that is not working. No power there....then I work backwards thru the system checking for power at each junction. This saves checking a lot of things at times. Gronds are done the same way.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO