lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
go EZ
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default cheap finish sander

As those of you that have read my threads know, I am currently relegated to fixing up 'junk' carts until I can advance. And doing it on the cheap is also necessary at this stage of the game. This is for those out there that may not have a shop set up with a complete set of air tools at their disposal. It may also come in handy for pros that need to reduce the cost of their operations.
And I happened upon it by mere chance because stores were closed and I needed to get stuff done.
I have a junker that I am trying to give a good appearance to now that I've got it running. It had scratches and dings in the paint that I filled with bondo. It's a metal body, but I can see the use of this system on any body type.
Here it goes...I tried my Dewalt 6" orbital and it is heavy and powerful. I looked around the shop and eyeballed a $20 6" electric polisher that I got at harbor freight. I looked at the sticky back sanding disks that I had on the shelf and said Hmmmm. I stuck a 320 pad on the foam bottom of the polisher and took the bondo down. I then put a 600 pad on it and the body is now ready for paint (by my standards anyway). I am not a body guy, but this thing works good. It only weighs ounces as it has the typical cheap and tiny China motor in it and is a joy to work with. There you go.
go EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO