lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
txd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Cart or charger issue?

I got an '01 ezgo pds and a power wise charger. I have not touched the cart in 4-6 weeks but the last time it drove fine. I charged it when I was done. FF to today, I hop in, drive out of the garage and let it coast down the drive way. Once on the street all it did was barely shutter. Would not go. I push it back in and plug it in. The amp meter on the charger stays at 0 but does make the click to turn on and buzzes lightly as normal. Shouldn't the charger jump up, then count down to 0 ?? I checked the light on the altrax while I hit the pedal. It flashed red 6 times then went back to green. My headlights hooked up to 2 of the batts were VERY dim, barely visible. Anyone got an idea as to what's goin on?? Thanks
txd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart or charger issue?

Check the batteries with a digital volt meter. Possibly, the pack has lost the charge to the point where the charger will not recognize the pack. I think that is around 30 volts or so but not sure. If that has happened, you will have to charge the batteries two at a time with a 12 volt charger...then finish with the cart charger. Could also have one bad battery.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
txd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just Looked at the charger and it's up to the 5A mark. I'm gonna let it charge over night and see what happens tomorrow. Thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
txd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Found 1 bad battery. Testing each batt with a meter and a light, they would all maintain their voltage when the light came on. 1 batt had the voltage drop to 2v when the light came on and only peaked at 4v with no light. Replaced the one and the cart is running perfect
Old 09-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good to hear. How old are the other batteries?
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO