lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
JimmyFW1
Not Yet Wild

Lightbulb 48V to 36V Club Car Mod ???

OK guys & gals, I haven't posted on here much, so if I do/say something wrong, please forgive me...

I've got a 97 CC 48V DS cart. Love this thing so far, especially since I didn't pay but $100 for the whole thing in Feb 2013. Desulfonated & charged the old batteries, and she was off & running...

Since then, I've dropped cells in 2 of the old batteries (which we knew would happen eventually, they were from 2004...). I'm headed to my local CC dealer this week to pick up at least 2 more 8v batts (they sell their reconditioned batteries for like $40 each when they have them). I'd like to get more if they have them, but I know they have 2 on hold for me at this point. And I'll be back up & running & my wife/kids will be happy again...

And then I got to thinking, I've seen where folks have put a 36V motor in the 48V system for a speed boost. I've been looking for one since I read about it. Also, I was told a better/higher amp controller would be useful too.
Could I also convert my setup to a (4) 12V batt rather than the (6) 8V batt that's in there now, along with a 36V motor for a speed increase & weight reduction? Aren't the newer Precedent carts run on (4) 12V's?

Your experienced thoughts & opinions are appreciated...
THANKS
JimmyFW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: 48V to 36V Club Car Mod ???

Yes, you can put 4 12's. You will get a longer run time with 6 8v's.

The 36v motor running on 48v should be enough. Scottyb says 33% increase in speed and torque. He knows his stuff....I believe him.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
golfjet52
Not Yet Wild

I ran a 36v motor in my 48v cart for a while. It does increase power and speed quite a bit. Very well worth it.

Call around at your local cart dealers, people are always getting their motors upgraded, I'm sure they'll have a 36v laying around.

I ended up finding a high speed 5.5hp motor on CL for $100 and switched over to that.
golfjet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #4
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

im running one now and it increased it to about 19
optikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Z71mtr
Gone Wild

It works very well on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z71mtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car