lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
jbadon
Not Yet Wild

Default club precedent excel help

Any thing I can do to this cart to make it quicker I have 205-30-14 on it gps says 16 to 17 mph so I assume I have speed setting 3 do I need to contact club car about a speed setting 4? And is their anything else for this cart I been searching but found really nothing
jbadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: club precedent excel help

moved and courtesy bump
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
jbadon
Not Yet Wild

Thanks
Old 07-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbadon View Post
Any thing I can do to this cart to make it quicker I have 205-30-14 on it gps says 16 to 17 mph so I assume I have speed setting 3 do I need to contact club car about a speed setting 4? And is their anything else for this cart I been searching but found really nothing
Speed code 4 will get you 19-20 mph. Anything past that will need a bigger controller, better motor, cables, etc.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
jbadon
Not Yet Wild

I will have to find some one in my area (lafayette la) I am getting 16 to 17 now
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I don't think the aftermarket world has come out with a controller for the Excel system yet. This system uses a different method of monitoring speed than does the IQ system. The easiest solution I've found is to order an IQ wire harness from a dealer and drop it into your cart. It's plug and play with every connector on your cart. After you do this, you'll be able to install any aftermarket IQ controller you'd like.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
jbadon
Not Yet Wild

Thank you tahoe dog after the harness swap will my cart then work with the magnet that goes into the motor for a few more mph? And what do you think is a better way to go buy 4 new 12v batteries or 6 8v batteries I guess the price would be about the same? What do yall think
Old 07-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Yes and no.... That high speed magnet will work with the IQ system only. However, lots of the aftermarket controllers for the IQ system don't utilize the speed sensor at all, therefore it doesn't matter what magnet you have in it. If you've got a factory IQ controller, yes the magnet will help. Your factory Excel controller rejects it.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
JMM_AZ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I own a golf cart business in the Phoenix area. There is a simple way to upgrade your speed using an Alltrax DCX controller made for the earlier IQ (non Excel controller) carts. Club Car has a harness available (103374901). In late 2008 when Club Car produced carts with either the Black IQ or Gray Excel controller, this was the factory harness used with the Black IQ controller. This is a factory harness. The cost is about $120. I use this harness frequently to upgrade the Excel carts for speed and performance. I normally see speeds in the 24-26 MPH range using this harness and an Alltrax controller. It is a pretty simple install.
JMM_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM_AZ View Post
I own a golf cart business in the Phoenix area. There is a simple way to upgrade your speed using an Alltrax DCX controller made for the earlier IQ (non Excel controller) carts. Club Car has a harness available (103374901). In late 2008 when Club Car produced carts with either the Black IQ or Gray Excel controller, this was the factory harness used with the Black IQ controller. This is a factory harness. The cost is about $120. I use this harness frequently to upgrade the Excel carts for speed and performance. I normally see speeds in the 24-26 MPH range using this harness and an Alltrax controller. It is a pretty simple install.
I completely agree with everything this dude said.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car